To meet people of all ages, to take a bike ride, today is not uncommon. This is not only exciting and enjoyable, but also brings tangible health benefits for both men and women.
Consider what positive effects bicycle rides can have on the human body and under which diseases bicycle training is contraindicated.
The positive impact of cycling on the body.
- When riding a bicycle, not only the muscles of the legs, but also the arms, back, abs and neck become stronger and stronger. And riding a bike does not increase its volume, but gives a dry elegance.
- Aerobic exercise has a good effect on the cardiovascular system. The activation of blood circulation due to peripheral muscular efforts facilitates the work of the heart, improves vascular tone and permeability. It also prevents the development of an unpleasant disease – vascular dystonia.
- Bicycle races are also useful for the respiratory system. The intensive aeration of the lungs contributes to its purification of toxins. The benefits of this process are particularly relevant to quitting smoking, as well as for some diseases of the bronchopulmonary system.
- The prevention of venous insufficiency is achieved due to a faster movement of blood in the lower extremities. The congestion decreases in the vessels, the valves in the veins normalize.
Varicose veins are a disease that occurs in women 4 times more often than in men. So, if you are a woman, you have a job that forces you to sit or stand for a long time, and there are similar problems in your family, you should know: riding a bicycle is an excellent way to preserve the health and beauty of your legs .
- Weight reduction is another advantage of regular skiing. The increase of adrenaline in the body when riding a bicycle (compared to exercising in the gym) helps burn fat even after the trip. A weight loss has a positive effect on the work of all body systems.
- New experiences and a change of scenery restart our nervous system. The production of natural hormones of joy, endorphins, loads you in good mood and mood for several days.
- Cycling is good for the visual system. After all, you have to constantly focus your eyes on the set of objects located at different distances. And the stabilization of the emotional background creates conditions for the work of the muscles of the eyes without excessive effort, due to stress.
- Traveling in fresh air is beneficial to the immune system, since it strengthens it, increases the body’s resistance when it encounters bacteria and pathogenic viruses. Thanks to regular bicycle rides, the risk of colds and other illnesses is minimized.
Let’s see what are the differences in the impact of cycling on the body of men and women.
The effect of cycling on a strong soil.
Studies conducted by urologists (Ilvin Goldstein, Tim Roddy, Scott Richards) show that cycling has an ambiguous effect on the male body.
- The active movements of rotation of the legs increase the blood flow to the lower part of the body and develop the muscles of the perineum, which explains the benefits for the prevention of diseases of the prostate and prostate.
- However, sitting for a long time in a solid chair in a non-anatomical way leads to the compression of blood vessels and nerve endings, through which blood and nerve impulses pass to the male genitalia. This can cause problems with the power. Avoiding undesirable stagnation will result, if from time to time you stand on the saddle during the trip.
The modern ergonomic seats redistribute the weight so that it falls mainly on the sciatic bone. Then the pressure in the groin area decreases.
But such a bicycle seat must be selected individually, since the width of the pelvis can vary greatly from one man to another.
- The unpleasant consequences and diseases often occur in professional cyclists. Men who travel from time to time, enough to understand the mechanism of its occurrence and listen to its body.
Women’s health and cycling.
For women, a bicycle does not represent a potential danger as hidden as it is for men. In addition, in addition to the universal benefits, cycling will give the body physically active women additional benefits.
- Blood flow stimulated in the pelvic organs, so that women who like to ride a bicycle, tolerate pregnancy more easily and your body recovers faster after delivery.
- It is assumed that, due to the gender characteristics of a woman’s body structure (wide hips, narrow shoulders), cycling is more suitable for women than for men.
- The exception is the critical days, during which it is recommended to skid gently or omit the training completely.
Who are the bicycle rides contraindicated?
Bicycling can not only be beneficial, but also harmful. Some diseases make this event not healthy, but rather risky. Be sure to check with your doctor before going by bicycle if you have one of the following diseases or disorders:
- Diseases and various disorders in the vestibular apparatus.
- Inflammatory and dystrophic processes of the articular cartilage tissue.
- Diseases and disorders of the cardiovascular system.
- Low level of hemoglobin (if there is a risk of loss of consciousness)
- Diseases associated with impaired blood circulation in the brain.
- Other diseases or dysfunctions of the musculoskeletal system.
By the way, inadequate training can lead to various joint diseases. For example, the inability to include the right equipment when climbing uphill, the movement too long on an uneven terrain, a banal lack of fluid in the body.
All this increases the friction of the surface of one bone against another and, in combination with the load, accelerates the wear of the cartilaginous tissue in the body.
Compliance with safety standards: the basis of the proper exercise.
Riding a bicycle will prove to be beneficial for you and will become a preventive measure against many diseases, if you follow a series of simple rules.
- Warming up before exercise. This will help the body tune in to the next workout.
- Drink plenty of fluids (preferably water).
- Wear protective equipment.
- Adjust the speed with the weather conditions, the terrain and the actions of other road users.
- Do not drive immediately after a meal.
- Follow the pulse and the general state of the body during the bicycle trip.
- Adjust the position of the seat and the steering wheel so that you feel comfortable and all body systems work flawlessly.
- Keep your vehicle in good technical condition.
- Choose a route that matches your training goals and fitness level.
- It starts from short distances and gradually increases the duration of the trips.
- And the most important: congratulate yourself for each step to overcome your own inertia.
Feel the joy of movement, freedom and vivid emotions. Travel to new places, prolong life and improve its quality.
Get only benefits from bicycle trips, becoming healthier and happier!