Often, people who are accustomed to a sedentary lifestyle complain of dizziness, pain in the back of the head, pressure surges, stinging pain and stiff neck muscles. In osteochondrosis, serious degenerative changes occur in the intervertebral discs: the metabolism is altered, nutrition is impeded, the vertebrae are thinned and deformed.
With the help of pain and discomfort, our body sends us an SOS signal: the spine needs help urgently. Remind yourself during long seated work: after a while, a fixed posture becomes uncomfortable, you want to straighten, stretch your neck, move.
It turns out that exercises for cervical osteochondrosis not only help to deal with pain and muscle tension, but also are the most effective treatment for this disease and many other diseases of the spine.
Why is it so important to move to be healthy
Currently, the diagnosis of cervical osteochondrosis is much younger. If previously it was believed that it was intended only for the elderly, it is now relevant for twenty years. The development of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine causes many factors associated with a person’s low motor activity:
- over weight
- injuries of the cervical spine,
- flat feet
- systematic hypothermia
- Disproportionate physical fitness rare motor burdens,
- posture violations,
- Sedentary work or activities associated with monotonous monotonous actions.
Our body tries to spend energy and nutrients in a very rational way. As soon as the load on any mechanism in our body decreases or becomes monotonous (in this case, the cervical spine), all the metabolic processes in this area decrease. The blood flow is affected, the organ stops receiving everything necessary for productive work and the repair of worn elements: joints, ligaments and muscles.
The mechanism is becoming more fragile, and those charges that were easily delivered to him recently become unbearable for him.
To restore the health of the cervical spine, it must be gradually returned to the system, that is to say, to do physical exercises that restore the blood circulation and the nutrition of the muscles, joints, vertebrae and nerves in this department. If you perform properly the neck exercises in osteochondrosis, you can completely restore the flexibility, resistance and shock-absorbing properties of the cervical spine, strengthen the muscles in this area and forget the feeling of overload and headaches. after a day of work.
Rules of therapeutic gymnastics
The complex of physical exercises against diseases of the cervical spine are the simplest movements that do not require special strength and physical resistance. However, it is important to follow certain rules of therapeutic gymnastics:
- It is necessary to start the classes in the period of remission or after the elimination of the pain syndrome. Pain during training should not appear if it appears, you should reduce the load or stop exercising until the pain passes. If osteochondrosis developed due to injury, it is necessary to select an individual set of exercises together with a physical therapy trainer.
- It is very important to control the correct posture. If the rear position is incorrect, the vertebrae will wear out due to asymmetric loads. Being involved in the home, it is best to do exercises in front of the mirror to control the position of the body. If it is difficult to make a movement, while maintaining a beautiful posture, it is better to reduce the load. Keep track of which exercises are easy and which are not.
- In osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, any element of the therapeutic gymnastics complex is performed slowly, gently and without vigorous movements. The turns and curves should be done in a comfortable position of the head so that no pain occurs.
- A set of exercises lasts about 20 minutes. If you do it faster, it is better to reduce the speed of your training. Do not rush, try to achieve smooth, symmetrical movements in both directions. At home, music for relaxation helps establish the correct rhythm.
- You need to do it regularly. It is better to find 20 minutes 3 times a day to do this simple exercise. In extreme cases, it can be divided into a greater number of short complexes and perform exercises throughout the day.
Exercises to recover the mobility of the neck.
This set of exercises can be used against the acute form of osteochondrosis (in the absence of pain) and during remission, and to strengthen muscles during sedentary work. By performing these simple exercises, the elasticity and resistance of the muscles of the cervical spine is improved, the blood circulation is normalized, as a result of which the mobility of the cervical vertebrae gradually returns.
The complex consists of three blocks, each of which is designed for approximately 20 minutes.
The first block (perform 10 repetitions of each element):
- The exercise is done with the back supported and the arms along the body. It is necessary to make gentle turns of the head first to the left and then to the right, holding the head clearly above the shoulder and in the initial position.
- Perform the tilt of the head, trying to reach the chin of the sternum. The neck should not be overloaded, it is not necessary to move the jaw. Return the head to its original position without tilting it.
- Pull the neck back, retracting the chin. The breadth of this exercise is small: it is not necessary to raise your head and push it forward.
The second block (10 repetitions of each element):
- Take the same starting position. Put your hands in the lock and put your palms on your forehead. Observe the symmetry of the shoulders and elbows. Press the front down, trying to tilt the head forward, overcoming the resistance (the head remains in its original position).
- Put your hands on your temples. Alternatively, create resistance with your hands and try to tilt your head to the left and to the right. Make sure the body remains stationary.
- Lift your shoulders as high as possible without moving them forward or backward. Keep them at the highest point for 10-15 seconds. Then relax the shoulders (do not force them) for 10 to 15 seconds and repeat the exercise.
The third block of the complex (5 repetitions of each element):
- Take the same starting position. Put your hands together with the padlock and place your palms on your forehead. Control the symmetry of the shoulders and elbows. Press your hands on the head, trying to tilt it forward, overcoming the effort of the hands (the head slowly leans forward, stays and slowly returns to its original position).
- Put your hands together with a padlock and place your palms on the back of your head. Head down Keep your shoulders and elbows symmetrical. Press your hands on the back of your head, trying to lift your head, overcoming the effort of your hands (the head slowly returns to its original position, persists and then goes back down).
- Wrap your head with your hand, placing your hand in the temple area (the left and right hand, and vice versa). Stretch the head to the shoulders. Try to do the exercise equally to the left and the right.
Heating for the prevention of osteochondrosis.
The peculiarity of sedentary work is that, with the general immobility, the individual muscles of the back and neck are very tense. This causes a strong feeling of fatigue and creates the illusion that the body urgently needs a more fixed posture, for example, lying on the sofa.
In fact, you only need to redistribute the load, relaxing the tired muscles. To do this, it is necessary, first, to involve the shoulder girdle, the abdominal muscles, the unused muscles of the back and to stretch the legs.
A brief heating complex helps to animate and feel a surge of new strength, improves blood flow to the brain, which can be very useful to solve complex problems. You can do it at home and at work. Get up, stretch, shake your hands and feet, straighten your back, squeeze your stomach.
Take a few turns and bend your head, knead your hands on your shoulders, elbows and wrists. Lumbar Mash, giving a few turns of the helmet and leaning forward and sideways.
Massage with the tips of the fingers Neck in the neck. The movements should be quite intense and deep, 2 to 3 minutes.
Then try to reach the muscles between the shoulder blades and hit this area properly. Complete the training with a light massage at the temples, the area above the ear and the back of the head.
This simple set of exercises helps not only to maintain health, but also has a positive effect on performance.
The paradox of the century of computer technology, fast cars and high-speed communication is that we are moving less and more tired. By realizing the connection between physical inactivity and feelings of fatigue and stiffness, we can restore our health with ease, giving the body the opportunity to move in an intense and diverse way.