The muscles of the legs are the largest muscles, and their development affects a person’s overall fitness level. The developed muscle mass of the legs gives us great advantages, which leave no more questions: swinging or not swinging.
First, the legs are a very large muscle group, training that we burn a lot of calories and help our body to accelerate the metabolism. Secondly, it is worth pumping the leg muscles because, training them, we simultaneously train the shoulders, the arms and the upper part of the back, and we also increase the general indicator of the body’s resistance to adverse factors. Third, strong legs help us avoid injuries and sprains.
And finally, thin and tense legs, it’s very beautiful!
After deciding to practice leg training, before doing a series of special exercises, many ask themselves: are the best indicators of the effectiveness of the training process being achieved at home or in the gym? It can be done at home, but very few people can boast a wide variety of sports equipment and simulators in their living space. Therefore, do not hesitate to sign up at the gym.
In addition, there is a trainer in the gym, to whom you can ask for help if you have questions.
Basic requirements of the training process.
- To train your legs you need to assign a personal day when you will only download.
- To pump your legs, that is, to increase your muscle mass, it is better to start a series of exercises in the gym from the base: squats, deadlifts, lunges are the best exercises to train the hips and buttocks.
- The number of approaches and the number of repetitions in each approach will depend on the goal you pursue. To increase leg strength, perform three to six repetitions in each of the five approaches. But if your goal is to stimulate the muscles, do three or four sets of ten to twelve repetitions.
- Do exercises in full width. Just doing an exercise with the maximum stretch of the fibers, you can pump the muscles of the legs.
- Use different positions of the feet on the leg support platforms. This allows you to change the load from one muscle group to another.
- Before training your legs, it is useful to get carbohydrates, which will energize you and allow you to make the training in the gym more saturated and productive. This is very important when you need to pump such a large group of muscles as your legs.
- Follow the technique of the exercise. By doing them correctly, you will increase the effectiveness of the training and protect yourself from unwanted injuries.
The complexes to increase strength and muscle mass of the legs, hips and buttocks are divided into exercises with exercise machines and exercises with free weights.
Training with sports equipment.
The exercises in the room with the use of simulators to move the muscles of the legs are divided into the following types:
- Squats in the GAKK simulator pump mainly the quadriceps, but if you put the legs wider, you can also include the lateral surface of the hips. During the exercise, the back should be pressed against the mobile platform, move smoothly and not go beyond the knees with the socks.
- Extending legs in the simulator sitting. Here, the muscles of the quadriceps of the thigh are used, allowing it to pump them in isolation. Since this exercise is a heavy load for the joints, do not use heavy weights. Extend your legs until they are parallel to the floor, press your back against the seat of the simulator, do the exercise slowly, trying to feel the muscle work.
- Carrying the thigh at the junction of the lower unit mainly pumps the gluteus maximus muscle. Stand with the right or left side of the simulator, fix the bracket to the nearest foot. On the exhale, turn the leg with a cable attached to it in front of you, before crossing with your free leg. Going back to the initial position, take a breath. Try to put your foot as far as possible to use your muscles as much as possible.
- Lift the socks in the simulator (when the question of how to pump calves arises). In this exercise, the calves work isolated from other leg muscles.
- Leg press on the angled simulator. This exercise helps to pump the muscles of the legs well with the use of large weights, while practically without carrying the back. The closer the legs are placed to the edge of the platform, the stronger the muscles of the buttock and inner thigh will be involved in the work of the muscles. During the exercise, make sure that the lower part of the back does not detach from the seat of the simulator.
- The flexion of the legs in the lying simulator will balance the upper part of the back of the thigh, as well as the gluteal muscles throughout the range of motion. You can do the exercise with both feet at the same time, or alternatively.
- The extension of the thigh at the junction from the lower block allows you to separately isolate the buttocks and the back of the thigh. While exhaling, bend the hip and pull back, inhaling, return to the starting position. Do the exercise correctly: move the leg strictly backwards, not to the side, and try to raise it further. In this case, the muscles will work much more efficiently.
- Raising legs in the simulator helps pump large and medium gluteal muscles and gives your legs a beautiful shape. Do not flex your legs too much during this exercise.
Training with free weights.
Exercises with free weights, performed for the purpose of pumping the muscles of the legs and glutes, are divided into the following:
- Lumbar attacks help to create the beautiful shape of the buttocks and lift them. In addition, attacks can be performed with a bar. Put your feet slightly wider than your shoulders. When performing a lunge, make sure that the step is wide enough and that the bent leg forms a right angle. The knee should not look behind the sock. The body must also remain flat, press hard. Free weight attacks are made forward, backward and moving. To build muscular glutes, do not forget this exercise.
- Crouching with a barbell on the shoulders is a very effective exercise to obtain a beautiful shape of the legs and buttocks. It also involves the back of the thigh, back muscles and abs. In a squat, not so much the number of repetitions in the approaches and weights used, as the accuracy of the training. Many girls fear inflating their legs and, therefore, avoid squats with weights. This fear is absolutely unjustified, since the female structure of the body will not allow the muscles to grow excessively, even if they really want it. Bar squats should be performed 10-15 times in three sets. Before performing the exercise, the neck should be placed on the shoulders (but not on the neck), straighten the back, bend the shoulder blades, lift the chin and place the feet slightly wider than the shoulders. Start the movement down, pushing the buttocks back as if you wanted to sit on a chair. Do not let your knees pass over your socks. Keep moving until the thighs are parallel to the floor, but keep in mind that the lower the squat position, the more involved the muscles of the buttocks in the exercise. Then return gently to the starting position.
- Deadlift With it, it is good to move the muscles of the back of the thigh. The legs should be placed slightly wider hips, keep the back straight and the chin directed forward. With your legs slightly bent at the knees, bend over and take the bar, lying in front of you with both hands. Also, keeping the back level, as if sliding the neck on the hips, straighten, doing the exhalation. When performing the exercise correctly, you should not feel pain in your lower back.
- The buttock bridge also works well on the buttocks. Place the pancake or neck in the pelvis and, during the exercise, adjust it with your hands.
All basic exercises with free weights should definitely be included in a set of exercises aimed at training the muscles of the legs. So that the muscles of the legs and buttocks recover faster after a workout, after performing the complex, you need to stretch or take a hot bath.
Know that any exercise will not bring the desired effect, if you do not eat properly and completely. Choose the best natural products for your diet.
By performing the exercises mentioned above, you can develop the muscles of the legs and achieve an attractive relief of the hips and buttocks.