Most of those who want to correct the curvature of the spine, think mainly about their appearance. In fact, poor posture causes a person to bend and not decorate at all.
But, in fact, the effects of scoliosis can be not only external but also internal: the work of human organs depends directly on the state of the spine. That is why it is necessary to follow the posture from childhood.
To do this, it is necessary not only to follow simple rules to prevent scoliosis, but also to perform exercises to improve posture and correct existing deviations.
The value of therapeutic exercises for the spine.
To date, postural violations are one of the most common pathologies of the musculoskeletal system. Both adults and children are susceptible to scoliosis, but more often the curvature of the spine is found in adolescents.
This is greatly facilitated by the widespread use of computer technology: school children spend a lot of time sitting in front of a computer in the wrong position, and move very little, preferring outdoor walks for many hours in house in front of the monitor screen.
Meanwhile, correcting scoliosis in children and adolescents is much easier and faster than in adults.
That is why the treatment of curvature, in which therapeutic gymnastics plays a very important role, should be started as soon as possible, at the first signs of alterations (for example, one shoulder is noticeably lower than the other, the vertebral moves to the left or to the right, visible from the back when leaning forward). Even better: do not wait for scoliosis to appear and start exercising for posture as a preventive measure.
By the way, you can even make them at home with the whole family, if you choose a simple complex that is suitable for children, women and men.
What is the use of sports gymnastics, which includes exercises for posture?
- Strengthens the muscles of the back, neck, thoracic, scapular waist, lower extremities. This helps the spine to stay in position.
- Helps eliminate stiffness in certain areas of the back, as a result of postural violations, helps to deal with painful sensations.
- aligns the segments of the spine, so that the vertebrae return to their proper place
- allows you to evenly distribute the load on the spine and thus reduce the curvature
For severe scoliosis, back treatment necessarily involves an integrated approach and includes physical procedures, a visit to a chiropractor, swimming. A set of therapeutic exercises for posture is usually carried out under the supervision of an instructor of exercise therapy.
But if posture exercises are used as prophylaxis or at a very early stage of curvature, gymnastics can be an excellent way to maintain the correct position of the spine. It will be possible to do it at home, the most important thing is to adhere to the correct execution technique.
Exercises for the prevention of scoliosis.
Scoliosis is always easier to prevent than to treat. Therefore, at any age it is recommended to perform a simple but effective set of exercises to prevent curvature and develop good posture.
Regular exercises of this type of gymnastics in a medical institution or at home significantly reduce the risk of scoliosis.
Before performing any exercise to improve posture, it is necessary to prepare the body for the next load, even if it is not so large.
Preventive gymnastics is also a physical exercise and, as before any physical activity, here you must also warm up.
The heating contains simple movements:
- steps in place when you lift (inhale) and lower (while exhaling) your hands
- smooth forward tilt
- to the right and left
- Easy leans back.
The exercises for the prophylactic correction of the posture in the warming stage must necessarily help to relieve the excessive tension of the spine. This will allow you to perform the basic gymnastics complex more effectively. To discharge the muscles of the back and spine, you can walk for 2 or 3 minutes, get up on all fours and, without changing position, do the exercise for the cat: bend your back, then bend your waist slowly, repeat the movement several times.
It is recommended to dedicate the final part of the warm-up to pull the spine and the muscles of the back. To do this, lie on the floor and stretch your arms beyond your heads.
Fingers and socks should point in opposite directions.
After warm-up, you can begin to perform the main part of the gym. At home, usually perform the following complex:
- Lying on your stomach, stretch your arms forward, lift your shoulders and legs as high as possible.
- Lie on your stomach, stretch your arms forward, spread your legs slightly more than your shoulders. Open your arms to the sides, at the same time close your legs. If you practice the correct technique, exercise will be like swimming.
- Lying on your back and lifting your legs slightly, swinging (exercise scissors).
- Lie on your back, place your hands along your body, make movements with your feet, imitating the twisting of the bicycle pedals.
- Lie on your back, bend your knees, then stretch, while lifting your pelvis (birch exercise).
- Bending down, with arms extended forward and maintaining a uniform position of the back.
- In the standing position, place your palms on the shoulder joints and bend your elbows in a circular motion in one direction, then in the other direction.
- Stand on the floor, raise your arms to one side and move in a clockwise direction and against it.
The gymnastics is completed in the same way it started: easy to walk on the ground when raising and lowering hands.
This simple but effective prophylactic complex can be used to develop correct posture and prevent scoliosis, both in children and adults. Each posture exercise is repeated 8 to 10 times if performed by an adult or adolescent, for younger children, the number of repetitions is reduced to 4-5 times.
Adjust the posture with the help of exercises.
Eliminating a slight curvature with the help of physiotherapy at home is also quite realistic.
However, doctors recommend starting at least a couple of classes with a physiotherapy instructor to know exactly how to do the exercises to correct posture.
Experts advise to perform the following exercises to correct posture and strengthen the back muscles:
- Kneeling and resting your palms on the floor, lift your left and right leg alternately and at the same time pull your head back.
- Standing on the floor, place your hands on the back of the head, extending the elbows to the sides. Inhale, tilt the head back slightly, bend the spine, place the right leg back on the tip. Exhale and return to the starting position. Do the same with your left foot.
- Stand on the ground with your back straight, lift your shoulder blades and touch them with the palms of your hands. Shoulder pads, arms separated.
- Lie face down in your stomach, bend your legs to your knees, close your ankles with your palms. Lean on your lower back and perform swinging movements back and forth.
- Lie on your back, hands should be placed parallel to the body. Lift the pelvis so that it forms a line with the upper part of the body, stay in position for a few seconds and lower the pelvis. Exercise can be complicated: to do this, it is necessary to lift not only the pelvis, but also the entire body, the main load in this case will be on the back of the head and not on the shoulder girdle.
- Daily exercise to walk with a book on his head, maintaining a uniform position of the back.
A set of exercises is an essential part of the prevention and development of the correct posture and treatment of scoliosis. Due to regular gymnastics, it is possible not only to prevent the curvature of the spine, but also to eliminate the first signs of the disease.