The widest muscles of the back are the largest muscles of the upper body, that is, the body. They perform many functions, one of which is the maintenance of the spine.
In addition, there are lumbar muscles, which are even more responsible for maintaining the body and body burden when walking and sitting. It is possible to list the vital functions of these muscle groups for a long time (especially if we consider the lower back), but the fact that it is important to train and strengthen them will not cause doubts.
In men, by the way, well-developed latissimus muscles look very aesthetically pleasing, as well as strong and huge arms.
What are some ways to pump your back in the gym? What are the basic exercises for the back in the gym?
What basic exercises for the back in the gym will be more useful and effective in the process of strengthening the spine? Are there characteristics of strengthening of the muscle groups of the spine for men?
Next, we will try to resolve as much as possible all the previous questions, as well as highlight some other nuances.
On the need to strengthen our back.
Why is it important to have strong and strong back muscles? Why is the development of these muscles a priority?
The fact is that the muscles of the back and the spine have a great load in the process of movement and in the accomplishment of many physical exercises. And the wider vertebral muscles, among other things, are involved in the process of hand movement.
Therefore, it is very important to address in a timely manner the question of strengthening these muscle groups, especially when training in the gym, where the athlete exercises with a special weight in the form of a bar or dumbbell.
Strengthening these muscle groups will prevent many injuries to the musculoskeletal system and allow you to perform many more successful physical exercises. In the rocking chair, you must train not only your hands.
Types of exercises
The back, like the arms, can be trained with the help of several projectiles. In the role of these shells can act as a horizontal bar, bar, weights, dumbbells. There are many exercises that work with this particular set of muscles.
Some of these basic exercises are presented below. They can be a single complex. But in any case, your training complex must include them.
The best and most popular variations are the classic pull-ups, the old and good deadlift, the classic belt dumbbell pull, the all-wheel-favorite pull bar for the belt.
- Pull ups. This is the most accessible and simple exercise for the development of the wider muscles of the back. Made in the crossbar or horizontal. Pull-ups are practiced in many sports and power structures in the process of general physical training. We recommend performing 5-6 sets of 12-15 repetitions each. Also, to master this exercise, you will need strong hands and a steel grip.
- Deadlift This is the most important basic exercise in the gym with a free weight for the development of the muscles of the back. Deadlift is a complex multi-joint exercise. It actively involves the latissimus muscles, lower back, biceps of the thigh, forearm. It is mainly practiced in power sports such as lifting weights, bodybuilding, lifting weights, crossfit. We recommend performing 5-6 sets of 12-15 repetitions each. Also, to master this exercise, you will need strong hands and a steel grip.
- Push the cufflinks to the belt. The most popular exercise for the wider muscles with a dumbbell. Outstanding simplicity of execution and the ability to work individual rays. To make a dumbbell to the belt, you only need a horizontal bench and the dumbbell itself. We recommend that you perform 4-5 sets of 10-12 repetitions each.
- You can pump the wider muscles of the back and the weights. To do this, pull the weight towards the belt while pulling the dumbbell towards the belt. However, due to the construction of the weight, this exercise is much less convenient to perform than the usual dumbbell pull of the belt. But it is suitable for those who have improvised means that do not have more than pesos. We recommend that you perform 4-5 sets of 10-12 repetitions each. Also, to master this exercise, you will need strong hands and a steel grip.
- Push rod to the belt. Analogue cufflinks for the belt. One of the most popular exercises for the widest muscles with a bar. Outstanding simplicity of execution and the ability to work individual rays. To make the rod to the belt, you only need a horizontal bench and, in fact, the rod itself. We recommend performing 5-6 sets of 12-15 repetitions each.
- Push the vertical / horizontal block. Block simulators are very common in gyms. This is explained by the simplicity of its use, the minimum risk of injury, since in the simulator the movement is strictly defined initially along a certain trajectory. In addition, in the simulator it is possible to solve this or that muscle group in isolation. We recommend that you perform 4-5 sets of 10-12 repetitions each, and that you make the vertical and horizontal push blocks super-assembled.
Warm up carefully, warm up before exercising. This will improve the performance of the muscles and prevent many injuries.
You can knead like the whole body together, and the muscles separately.
Let’s summarize the above. The widest muscles of the back are the largest muscles of the upper body, that is, the body.
They perform many functions, one of which is the maintenance of the spine. Why is it important to have strong and strong back muscles?
The fact is that the muscles of the back and the spine have a great load during the movement and many physical exercises. The back can be trained with the help of several projectiles. In the role of these shells can be:
There are many exercises for this group of muscles.
The most popular are the classic pull-ups, the old deadlift, the classic pull with dumbbells for the belt, the all-purpose pull bar for the belt.
- Pull up is the most accessible and simple exercise to develop wider back muscles.
- The deadlift is a complex multi-joint exercise, using the widest muscles, the loins, the biceps of the thigh and the forearm.
- Dumbbell to the belt: the most popular exercise for the widest muscles with a dumbbell.
- Belt pull bar: is an analog of the dumbbell to the belt, one of the most popular exercises for the widest muscles with a bar.
They can be a single complex. But in any case, your complex training must include them.
Finally, we wish our readers sporting success, health and longevity. How to start the development and improvement of society?
Start with yourself! Approach wisely to any training, correctly measure the load, listen to your body, and then there will be obstacles and difficulties on your shoulders!
Take the habit of living a healthy lifestyle, teach it to your child from an early age! Sport is a great joy, a great way to organize family leisure.
Yes, the sport of great achievements is unthinkable without injuries, but we are talking mainly about ordinary athletes. And with them everything is much simpler, the main thing is not to exaggerate with the dosage of charges.