The muscles of the legs and buttocks play an important role in the process of normal movement of a person, but their participation in the training process in many competitive sports, from the aerobic types (cycling or trotting) to strength sports ( weight lifting or bodybuilding), it is also important. If you do not load the back of the thigh with elemental curves, the muscles will weaken and this can cause problems with the knees and back. In bodybuilding it is especially important how the muscles of the legs and buttocks are seen from the outside.
Athletes can achieve the necessary forms for years. They strive to make their muscles in the legs and buttocks look as harmonious as possible with all the other muscles of the body.
How to pump the back of the thigh? What are the work exercises and effective enough for the back of the thigh? Which of them can be done at home?
And which one – only in the gym? We will try to answer these and many other questions in the most meaningful way possible.
What can be done at home?
An exercise such as the gluteal bridge is perfect, and hyperextension on the fitball will be enough. To inflate the back of the thigh at home, you can use exercises that you can perform with such a wonderful projectile, such as a weight:
- Inclination with the weight. This exercise is more focused on the muscles of the back. A good way to discharge a weak low back, especially at home. Perform 10 to 20 repetitions in 5-10 series.
- Mahi Weights This exercise also proved to be a good idea. In addition to the excellent load on the lower back, the biceps of the femur and the muscles of the buttocks work well. We do 15-20 repetitions within three or four approaches.
- Romanian push with weight. This is a push with the legs slightly bent. It works very well on the gluteal muscles and the biceps of the hip. The exercise style is similar to a conventional deadlift, but the emphasis of the load goes more to other muscle groups. We do 15-20 repetitions in three or four approaches.
What can be done in the gym?
But these exercises for the muscles of the legs and buttocks can be done directly and in the gym with a bar or special equipment. Everything, as they say, to your liking.
Although, of course, free weight is always given preference, since the stabilizing muscles are more involved in these exercises. The simulators are, rather, just a refinement.
- Tilt with a bar. This is an excellent way to strengthen not only the muscles of the legs and buttocks, but also the muscles of the back, particularly the lower back. The slopes with bar are practiced by amateurs and professional athletes. The main thing is to follow the correct technique for the execution of this exercise and not forget to warm up the muscles well before approaching. At the same time, to perform really deep curves, it is necessary to have a fairly good stretch in the legs and buttocks, to avoid injuries. We do 15-20 repetitions within three or four approaches.
- Flexion in the simulator. The simulator is the safest way to secure the load in a particular muscle group. Here, the entire movement is built along a clear path and there is no possibility of turning in the wrong direction during the exercise. Consequently, the risk of injury is minimized. Of the obvious disadvantages of any simulator, athletes notice that the stabilizing muscles are almost completely excluded from work. We do 15-20 repetitions within three or four approaches.
- Romanian deadlift. This is a push with the legs slightly bent. It works very well on the gluteal muscles and the biceps of the hip. In terms of performance, Romanian is similar to a conventional deadlift, but the emphasis of the load falls more on other muscle groups. We do 15-20 repetitions within three or four approaches.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in pumping the biceps of the thigh. It is sufficient to perform some simple exercises that you can do after the main training load. By the way, the muscle group we are describing is actively working during basic exercises, such as squatting and deadlifts.
Some exercises, for example, bar inclinations, have quite high requirements to stretch an athlete. Consider and this.
The biceps of the thigh can be pumped with a bar, a kettlebell or a special simulator Possible and training option with a dumbbell.
Finally, we want readers to adhere to the sports lifestyle, to renounce bad habits: smoking, drinking alcohol. Remember that sobriety is brighter, more productive and more interesting than any drink!
Try and feel the significant difference! Instill a healthy lifestyle and your children.
That they take an example, that they grow strong, healthy and cheerful, and that they are always faithful to the sport.