In the last 5 to 10 years, there has been an unprecedented increase in the popularity of sports. Children, adolescents, adult men and women, even the elderly, are increasingly involved in a healthy lifestyle, which is good news.
Power sports are especially popular: bodybuilding, weightlifting and weightlifting. The pumped man looks good and fit.
It is no wonder that many people decide to do bodybuilding.
Unfortunately, many rookies make serious mistakes in training. One of them is the exclusion of the work of several muscle groups.
As a rule, this applies to young people who perform the main load on the biceps and abdominals, completely ignoring the muscles of the chest, back, legs, etc.
Often, shoulder muscles (deltas) are also ignored. In this article you will find the best exercises, thanks to which you can pump the deltoid muscles well.
First, let’s take a look at the terminology. The deltoid muscle is the shoulder muscle that covers the shoulder joint.
Divide three beams: anterior, middle and posterior. The exercises in the delta involve the study of the three muscle bundles.
The frontal beam of the delta requires the least development, since these muscles work actively during the strength exercises. The average deltas beam is responsible for the width and bulk of the shoulders, so during training you should concentrate on it.
Well, the last one, the rear beam, is the most problematic area, since it is more difficult to pump it.
We train the frontal muscle bundle.
The army bench in the sitting position is the most effective exercise for the growth of shoulder muscles. The exercises in the front deltas work perfectly on the front beam, and also load well the middle delta, the triceps and even the upper part of the chest.
However, do not forget that this exercise is very traumatic, so for safety reasons it is better to do it sitting and with a small weight.
This option will significantly reduce the load on the back and legs. It is also advisable to have a partner standing next to you who can protect you if necessary.
- Sit on the bench, level your legs shoulder-width apart and place them on the floor. Keep your back straight.
- Hold the bar so that it is at neck level and inhale. The arms should be bent at the elbows.
- While exhaling, lift the projectile above your head, holding it in straight arms.
- We make a brief pause, after which, while inhaling, we bend our elbows again and lower the projectile downwards.
Do 3-4 sets of 5-10 repetitions.
The Army vertical bench press can also be done with dumbbells. There are no special differences in technique between the bench press of the army and the bench press of the army. The second option is perfect for beginners and people who work at home.
More experienced athletes are encouraged to perform this exercise with a bar.
Lifting weights in front of you
This exercise is a wonderful way to pump the front deltas and partly the middle deltas. The biceps, chest and trapezius muscles also receive an indirect load.
- Take weights in your hand, keep them in front of your hips. The shell can be taken with a neutral grip (the hands look at each other) or the upper grip (the hands are turned towards the side of the thighs).
- We take a breath On the exhale, with one hand, raise the dumbbell in front of you so that at the highest point it is at chin level.
- When inhaling, lower the projectile and assume its original position.
- At the lowest point, we make a second break and repeat the previous actions with the other hand.
- Perform the exercise alternately. If you lift two projectiles at the same time, the technique and, consequently, the efficiency of the execution will deteriorate significantly.
- For a maximum load on the frontal deltas, it is better to perform exercises with the upper grip.
- For maximum effect, keep the pelvis straight during a workout and do not tilt the body in different directions.
Perform 3-4 sets of 8-12 repetitions.
We train the average bundle of muscles.
Army bench press session
When the discussion about how to inflate the middle deltas begins, many in one voice say that it is a barbell bench press. In fact, this exercise for the middle delta gives the best result.
But! This type of press is as effective as it is traumatic. Do not do it with too much weight and never neglect the insurance.
To protect yourself further, it is worth doing this exercise in Smith’s car. The performance sequence is, in many ways, similar to the vertical bench seat technique:
- Sit on a bench near the electrical box or the Smith machine so that the bar is behind the head.
- Wide grip take the neck. The forearms must be perpendicular to the ground.
- While exhaling, raise the bar above your head.
- When inhaling, we lower the projectile in such a way that at the lowest point the elbows form an angle of 90 degrees.
Make 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
Mahi with standing dumbbells
The dumbbell design is an isolated exercise that, as a rule, is accomplished by deltas after the basic exercises. At the time of execution, the entire load goes exactly to the middle delta, and the lateral muscles are practically not included in the work.
- Take the shells, take a standing position and make a slight forward lean.
- Take a deep breath. As you exhale, press up.
- When inhaling, lower the weights and take the original position.
Performing 3 (maximum 4) approximates 812 times.
- Do not lift the weights above the shoulders so that the trapezius muscles do not eat the entire load.
- Since the exercise is being insulated in the center beam, you should not load too much weight. For a clean and proper technique, take weights that you can lift without the inclusion of other muscle groups.
We train the back beam of muscles.
The upper block
How to pump the delta of the rear beam? It is difficult, but possible.
The upper block is probably one of the most misunderstood exercises for the rear deltas. If you took the training of the taillights seriously, be sure to add it to your program.
- Set the optimal weight for you and fix the handle (or rope) to the upper unit.
- Take the handle and walk a few steps.
- Raise your arms so that they are parallel to the floor and elbows at shoulder level.
- Take a deep breath On the exhale, pull the weight on yourself.
- When we inhale, flex our arms and gently lower the weight.
Make 4 walks for 15 repetitions.
- Relax your arms and try to pull the weight only the rear deltas.
- To not include trapezoids in the work, do not join the shoulder blades.
Set of bent dumbbells
As is the case with ordinary swings, the swings on the slope are best done with a little weight. If you take too heavy weights, it will greatly worsen the technique, as well as increase the risk of damage to the lower back.
- Lean forward and take the dumbbells.
- Bend your elbows slightly and lock them in that position, lower your shoulders down. The dumbbells hold in such a way that they do not touch.
- We inhale deeply, and then, as we exhale, lift weights so that they do not cross the line of the shoulders.
- During the inhalation we take the original position.
Here it is necessary to perform 3 sets of 12-15 repetitions.
The main disadvantage of this exercise is that it weighs a lot on the lower back. To avoid this, place a bench with your back and stick your head in it.
This method will significantly reduce the tension in the back muscles.
We hope this information is very useful for your bodybuilding activities. Practice sports and always remember that to build a beautiful physique you need to train all muscle groups.