The floor bends are one of the basic exercises for the development of the shoulder girdle muscles and the muscles of the upper part as a whole. Its beauty lies in the accessibility (you can start training from scratch), because it does not need anything more than its own weight and the surface of the floor.
Even a child, not to mention adult or trained athletes, can push from the ground from the ground up. This exercise is available for both professionals and beginners from scratch.
It is believed that floor flexions are harmless to the health of joints and ligaments (as well as the muscles themselves), which in theory is especially important for beginners. This is a controversial claim, since any physical activity will wear out the joints and ligaments (and the same fate can affect the muscles themselves). But, of course, with the flexes of the floor, this effect occurs to a lesser extent than with a bench press.
In short, you can not worry about the health of your muscles. However, we must not forget that a complete warming from scratch of all working muscles and stabilizing muscles will free you from the unnecessary need to think about the possibility of injury.
What is the system of work of push-ups and methods of training for beginners from scratch, which would be suitable for a novice athlete? How to use and be guided by a scheme such as push-up? How to adjust the load for beginners in a timely manner by performing one or the other complex?
The reader will receive the answer below for these and many other questions regarding the push-ups and what the training method is. In addition, you can familiarize yourself with the basic information about the exercises, to get a complete picture of what you are doing.
What you need to know about push-ups
- In the push-ups the pectoral, deltoid and triceps muscles are actively involved. The pectoral muscles are involved in the movement and extension of the arms. It is thanks to the pectoral muscles that we can direct the arm strictly forward. The brachial, or otherwise deltoid, muscle is also involved in the movement and extension of the arms in the shoulder joint. It is also a stabilizer, it does not allow the movement of the arms during movement to deviate from the planned trajectory. In addition to the horizontal movements of the arms, the shoulders help us to make the verticals, for example, to lift any load on the shelf. The triceps are directly responsible for arm extension. It is thanks to the triceps that the arm muscles can contract and move forward or upward. It is thanks to the triceps that we can push, press the bar, lift any weight above ourselves. The triceps is an extensor muscle, responsible for the extension of the elbow joint.
- The push-ups are suitable as a preparatory exercise for almost any sport. They are universal, they do not require special equipment or a high level of sports training. In addition, the push-ups can be like a child of 5 to 6 years and an age over 50 years. Do you agree that not all children or retirees can harvest the bar?
- You can train with push-ups, with resistance at a certain level. After all, make an approach, for example, 100 push-ups – this is purely aerobic training. But there are many records. It is possible to drain and 1000 times for the approach!
- If you are a novice athlete, then the push-ups are perfect in the initial stage, during the period of muscle mass gain. Then, of course, to create the necessary stress for the muscles, it will be necessary to switch to iron, in particular, to exercises with a bar. But almost all sports specialists at the same time agree that it is better to start with push-ups.
The necessary thing to begin to train completely.
For the technique to give you maximum effect, you must follow some basic principles of preparation for a stable and serious training:
1) First of all, it is necessary to prepare the motor for hard work.
We strongly recommend that you have some functional training experience before practicing at the gym or doing crossfit training. That is why some level of resistance is understood. For example, if you can run a kilometer or two without difficulty breathing, it means that you have a normal level of functional training.
Why is it important to have a trained heart? The fact is that strength training or crossfit workouts are high intensity. Consequently, they weigh heavily in the heart.
Unsuspecting engine stops very quickly.
If you have a weak level of functional training, we recommend that you dedicate the first 2 or 3 months to heart strengthening. The best of all is running, jumping, walking uphill, and there will be confidence in preparing for a heavy load.
2) It is necessary to prepare the joints and ligaments for hard work.
We believe that unnecessary comments will not be needed here. What is important to understand?
If the joints and ligaments are weak, there is a high risk of injury. For example, stretching or tearing.
For ligaments, elasticity is important, so you work on stretching them. Do not forget to take vitamins so that the joints receive all the necessary nutrients.
3) You must comply with the regime of the day, if you want to achieve growth results.
Under the regime of the day means a certain daily routine. The simplest rules are that we go to bed and eat at the same time, we sleep at least 7-8 hours a day, we eat well.
In addition, it is useful to develop the habit of training at the same time, because in this case, the body will become accustomed to activating certain processes at the time training begins. The training will be a kind of life cycle, an integral part of it.
How does the training program work?
Below is a simple and easy-to-understand floor flexion table. This program is adapted for the entry level.
The guarantee of growth will be strict compliance with the instructions, in the way in which this program is listed. What is the program, how to work on it?
The program is based on the pyramid principle, that is, there is a decrease in the load from the limit with an increase in the number of approaches. For example, in the first approach, we present 100% or at least 95%, in the second, in 90%, in the third, in 85%, etc. In doing so, we try each week to increase the number of repetitions by 2 in each focus.
We are engaged in one day.
Below is an example of increasing the weekly load.
Approximations 1-2: 8 repetitions.
Approximations 3-4: 6 repetitions.
Approximations 5-6: 4 repetitions.
Approximations 1-2: 10 repetitions.
Approximations 3-4: 8 repetitions.
Approximations 5-6: 6 repetitions.
Let’s summarize the above. The floor bends are one of the basic exercises for the development of the shoulder girdle muscles and the muscles of the upper part as a whole.
Its beauty lies in its availability (you can start training from scratch), since you will not need anything more than its own weight and a flat surface. Even a child, not to mention adult or trained athletes, can push from the ground from the ground up.
For the technique to give you maximum effect, you need to adhere to some basic principles of preparation for a stable and serious training.
First it is necessary to prepare the motor, joints and ligaments for hard work. You must comply with the regime of the day, if you want to achieve growth results.
It is important to understand one more fundamental point so that the training complex gives you the maximum effect. A guarantee that this program will take you to the desired result will be strict compliance with the instructions, in the manner in which this program is described.