Modern man meets gymnastics at a very young age. Even in childhood, he first promised to charge with the help of his mother, and even in kindergarten and school, sports are included in the mandatory program. However, over time, most people fail to pay due attention to physical development and do not give importance to gymnastic exercises so simple, but so useful.
So, what is gymnastics, what type of gymnastics is divided and why should I include it in their lifestyle?
What is gymnastics for?
The word gymnastics comes from the Greek gymnastike, which I literally train, I exercise. Under the gym we understand the complex of physical exercises that promote health, the development of the muscles and the musculoskeletal system. For most people, these exercises are associated with morning exercises.
But besides this, gymnastics can be practiced professionally, like any sport. And in this sport they even carry small children.
Do not underestimate gymnastics. They allow you to keep your body in good shape, develop dexterity, strength, endurance, promote weight loss.
Daily exercise has a positive effect on the respiratory and cardiovascular systems, so it is often used as a therapeutic, prophylactic and regenerative agent for many diseases.
The morning exercise energizes all day and improves performance.
Non-professional types of gymnastics are recommended for people of almost any age, from small to large. Therefore, in pre-school education, it is used in physical exercises and morning exercises: this allows hyperactive children to waste extra energy and calmer children to be encouraged and tuned into a fun and active day.
For the elderly, performing simple physical exercises allows to preserve the mobility of the joints and avoid limiting the motor capacity.
It is proven that regular gymnastic exercises improve metabolism, have a positive effect on blood circulation and increase immunity.
Therefore, doctors strongly recommend including in your lifestyle gymnastics to all people who do not have contraindications for its implementation.
The main types are sports, recreational and educational gymnastics.
For sports gymnastics, it is typical to perform exercises with various sports teams (parallel bars, rings, gym records, etc.). It is included in the list of Olympic sports. It includes the following areas:
- Artistic – refers to the most popular sports for women. It consists of performing special exercises with a dance character. Often in the performance they use ribbons, balls, hoops, jump rope. Some elements of rhythmic gymnastics are present in the compulsory physical education program for girls.
- Sports acrobatics: these are mainly jumps (even on the trampoline), as well as exercises done in pairs or by a group of athletes.
- Sports aerobics contain elements of both rhythmic gymnastics and sports acrobatics. As a general rule, it is a complex of intensive exercises, which require a high degree of coordination and the ability to work in groups.
Wellness types include around 30 destinations. These include water, hygienic, therapeutic and rhythmic gymnastics, physical exercises, stretching and callanética that are distinguished from the most modern types. A distinctive feature of recreational physical education is that it can be done almost anywhere and at any time.
The main objective of these exercises is to increase physical and mental performance, activate the body’s defenses and improve health.
The types of recreational and developmental gymnastics are the following:
- The principal is used in physical education classes in schools and kindergartens, and classes are developed taking into account the age characteristics of the students.
- female: allows you to develop muscle groups that are important for the health of girls (leg muscles, pelvis, abdomen, back) and, in general, includes exercises with several projectiles and some elements of rhythmic gymnastics.
- Athletic – helps develop muscle mass.
- Professionally directed – used to develop certain physical skills necessary for future professional activities.
Gymnastic educational and developmental exercises are included in physical education lessons in schools, kindergartens, universities and other educational institutions and are aimed at general development and strengthening the body. Exercises like running, walking, jumping, projectile classes are well known by students of all ages.
How to train
Professionally, doing gymnastics at home is, of course, impossible. This sport involves long and hard workouts, and it will take more than a year for impressive results to be noticeable.
Therefore, artistic and artistic gymnastics very often begins to study in childhood, resorting to the help of qualified coaches and attending specialized sports schools.
But recreational physical culture can be carried out even at home. The first place among recreational gymnastics takes morning exercises. The great advantage is that it takes quite some time to complete it, and the effectiveness of this physical culture is very high, provided that you exercise regularly and correctly.
How do you do exercises?
Just follow some important recommendations:
- Classes should be held in a pre-ventilated room, with light clothing that does not impede movement.
- The burden must be easy: the increase in physical exertion is detrimental to the body, but it has not yet been fully awakened.
- Do not be lazy to do exercises every day.
- Keep in mind that when doing morning exercises, you should stretch your muscles and joints, so try to use your arms, legs, neck, pelvis and shoulder girdle.
- The fact that you are doing the exercises correctly will be indicated by a feeling of joy and a surge of strength. If after gymnastics you feel tired and slow, it means that the load is too big. You may need to reduce the time or intensity of the training.
- The ideal addition to the load is a shower. Not only does it help to finally awaken, but it also strengthens blood vessels.
Some of the exercises in morning gym can be used successfully throughout the day as a physical gym. It is especially useful for those who have to sit in a sitting position for a long time.
Gymnastics is considered as the queen of sports. It is easy, enjoyable and useful to do, it does not take much time and effort, and the effect of regular gymnastic exercises will be visible within 1-2 months after the start of classes.