Due to the sedentary lifestyle, which mainly leads to people, scoliosis becomes a fairly common disease. It is important to control the formation of the spine of children.
Young children are at risk in the range of 1 to 5 years.
If the disease is diagnosed in the initial stage, therapeutic gymnastics for scoliosis will be an effective form of treatment. If it is carried out correctly and all the individual characteristics of the body and disease are taken into account, not only will it stop its development, but it will also help in recovery.
Tasks that the therapeutic gymnastics solves.
The special exercises for spinal scoliosis are aimed at achieving the following objectives:
- get rid of the imbalance of the ligaments and muscles
- posture correction
- removal of most spinal charges
- general health of the body
- Strengthening of all the muscular groups of the back.
The results, which gymnastics will help achieve for the back with scoliosis, depend on the following characteristics of the disease:
In addition, the degree of efficiency of the treatment with exercises affects the age of the patient. The smaller it is, the greater the probability of a complete and rapid recovery.
Like many other diseases, this disease requires the implementation of certain rules so that the treatment is as effective as possible.
It should also be borne in mind that non-compliance can threaten not only the effectiveness of the procedures, but also the patient’s health in general.
Do not forget how important the function of the spine is. Thus, the characteristics of gymnastics for scoliosis are the following:
- the classes should start with only a warm-up, which will stretch and warm all the muscle groups
- All exercise must be done slowly, all sudden movements and jumps are strictly prohibited.
- Excessive physical exertion should not be allowed, which excludes the use of weights or weights.
- Therapeutic gymnastics need not proceed without consulting a specialist who will determine the type and severity of the scoliosis and then assign the appropriate exercises.
The independent choice of a complex of occupations for gymnastics can lead not only to the lack of work results, but also to serious health problems.
Each lesson should consist of three parts:
- warming up
- the main
- the last
The correct distribution of the load will ensure a high spinal exercise.
To prepare the muscles for stress, you can start with the following exercises.
- Stand against the wall so your calves, buttocks, heels touch it. With the most uniform backing, advance 3-4 steps, paying attention to the fact that the position does not change. Take care of your breathing, it must be deep and uniform.
- Standing, legs parallel to the shoulders and arms extended along the body. Begin to squat, every time you pull your arms out in front of you as gently as possible. Exercise is important to do slowly. Take care of your position backwards, it should be as flat as possible.
- Stand straight with your legs parallel to your shoulders, your arms are in an arbitrary position. Breathe deeply through your nose, raise your arms at this moment, then stretch the whole body and lower them, exhaling through the mouth. The back should always be as flat as possible.
- Take a standing position, legs parallel to the shoulders and arms arbitrarily extended along the body. Only the shoulders should work. Make 6 circular movements back, then 6 forward. Your back should stay straight all the time.
- Get up, bend one leg in the knee area and pull it towards your chest. Stand in that position, then lower the leg and repeat the same with the other limb.
The number of repetitions of all heating elements is at least 10.
The main result, which gives scoliosis gymnastics, is provided by this part, which explains the maximum load.
- Lie down on any hard surface and lift your legs slightly (35-45◦). Perform the movements, repeating the algorithm of the scissors for 30-40 seconds. Then put your feet upright. Move for another 30-40 seconds. Repeat twice
- Standing on all fours, move your buttocks on your heels, palms resting on the floor. Holding them as a support, start moving the body first to the right, then to the left. This exercise for the spine with scoliosis is repeated 20 times, 10 on each side.
- Stand on all fours, arms and legs are at shoulder level. Bend your back up, then tilt it down. Repeat 5 times in each direction.
- Lie on a hard surface with your stomach (you can put a pillow) and put your hands together with a padlock. Staying in this position, begin to raise the body as high as possible, making sure there is not an excessive load on the vertebral part.
- Stand with your legs parallel to your shoulders and arms in an arbitrary position. Move the shoulder blades as close as possible and stay in that position, then relax them. Repeat the exercise for scoliosis at least 10 times.
In carrying out each movement, it is important to closely monitor your own feelings and stop the activity at the slightest sign of indisposition.
The burden of the back with scoliosis should not be arbitrarily terminated. It is important to relax the muscles and restore breathing.
This is the goal of the last part of the gym.
- Stand up straight, hands clasped behind the lock. In this position, walk on your heels for at least 35-40 seconds.
- Straighten, raise your arms and stand on tiptoe. Walk around the room in this position for 35-40 seconds.
- Stand up straight, take a deep breath, while raising your arms. Hold this position for 3-4 seconds, then exhale slowly, lowering your arms.
After the final part is completed, you should rest for at least 15-20 minutes, after which you can begin daily tasks.
Prevention of diseases
The exercises described for the prevention of scoliosis are adequate, as well as for the treatment of the disease. Do not forget that any disease is easier to prevent than to cure.
Therefore, it is extremely useful to perform at least part of the complex exercises every day. This is especially important for children.
To prevent the development of the disease, in childhood it is necessary to instill in the child the rules of a healthy lifestyle. They include daily gymnastics, rejection of bad habits, adequate and balanced nutrition.
Another effective method to prevent the development of scoliosis is swimming. It is this sport that strengthens the muscles of the back better and prevents the curvature of the spine.
Thus, scoliosis and gymnastics are interrelated. The most important thing to remember: the sooner the disease can be detected, the easier it is to treat it.
With regard to this disease, all those who decide to get rid of it must bear in mind that the treatment takes a long time. Therefore, it is necessary to have a reserve of patience and endurance. In the presence of such qualities in a patient in combination with a great desire to get rid of the disease, the treatment will be as effective as possible.
The main thing is to perform the whole set of exercises regularly.