Many novice athletes and athletes want to learn to run correctly, quickly and for a long time, want to easily climb the mountaintops and play football for a long time. Resistance is needed by different athletes for different purposes.
In any case, this quality allows for a long time to be under physical effort.
How to develop resistance, increase the time to run, walk, etc.? What kind of sport develops resistance better, the ability to work for a while? These questions concern many novice athletes and athletes.
What is the best way to improve the results at the moment? Let’s look at everything in order.
What is it
First, we will understand the very concept of resistance. Resistance is nothing more than the ability of the body to resist uniform physical activity for as long as possible, to be under these loads for as long as possible.
When we run a marathon, it’s resistance, work for a while. When we hit a pear for half an hour, this is resistance, it works for a while. When we move all day along a certain route on a hike, this is resistance, it works for a while.
In all three cases, we experienced a uniform intensity load for the body for a long time. For this, it is not necessary to do something quickly.
For example, this type of high intensity load, like a sprint, with all the desire, can not be called work for endurance, work for time. This is a pure speed job.
How to train this quality.
First of all, it is important to understand the following points in this matter:
- As you’ve already guessed, resistance training itself should be long enough. But at the same time it is important to understand that they should not be exhausting. It is necessary to work in a zone of relative comfort and strive gradually to expand this comfort zone by all available means. Do not work hard in ordinary workouts for more than 70-80% of your maximum capacities. What does this mean? This means that if, for example, you can run to the limit of 5 kilometers, you must run a maximum of 3-4 km in training. Due to the strength of will outside of a comfortable job, it can not increase so much, it is very important to understand this fact. For the moment, work at least 30-40 minutes per workout.
- Resistance training should be carried out at a uniform rate. Do those exercises that require uniform intensity. This is easy to run, walk, ski, ride a bike, etc. The exercises in which you want to connect different in intensity of magnitude, are not adequate for the above purposes.
- What exactly does a sport choose for resistance? Sports, where there are resistance exercises, enough. It is about general physical training in martial arts, athletics and various types of races, cycling and team sports, where endurance is so important (soccer, hockey, tennis, etc.). Training for resistance is present in many disciplines.
Using what to train resistance? What exercises to perform? How to build a training process?
Below is a list of exercises required for resistance training.
- Nordic walking is a good option for those who for some reason can not run. Nordic walking is a complex load for the body on the legs, back and even arms. With a well-established technique, you can walk for hours, many kilocalories burn. On average, the Nordic march requires an impressive expenditure of corporal resources: around 350-400 kcal / hour. For a trained person, it will be normal to practice between 2 and 3 hours a day. Consequently, for one of these trainings, we will lose 700 to 1200 kcal, which is enough.
- Jogging A choice of classes for those who prefer to run quietly for a fresh morning in the park or forest. In an hour of such body activity, about 400-500 kilocalories are burned. But runners, like any race, have a major drawback. It is unlikely that you can run like this for more than an hour. More time is harder for the body.
- Skiing Skiing as a type of physical activity became particularly popular in the last century. This is a great opportunity to train outdoors in the winter. Skis are available for everyone, from young people to adults. You can travel from 40 minutes to an hour and a half on skis and spend approximately 500 kilocalories of your body’s resources for one hour of that type of work.
How would a training program look
We train to run (in abbreviated form):
Week 1. During this week, we try to increase the duration of the race from 10 to 20 minutes per day. We train every day, trying to run 1.5-2 minutes more than the previous one.
For example, on Monday we started running for 10 minutes, on Tuesday (already at 12 and on Friday or Saturday) we reached 20. At the same time, on Sunday we can do a day off.
Week 2. This week the task is to learn to run 25 minutes a day. Here, the rate of increase in the training load is gradually reduced.
By the end of this week, you should be able to run 25 minutes a day without much difficulty. Sunday they do the weekend.
Week 3. Task: achieve a result of 30 minutes a day. Sunday they do the weekend.
We train on foot (in abbreviated form):
Week 1. During this week we try to increase the duration of the walk from 25 to 40 minutes per day. We train every day, trying to go 3-4 minutes longer than the previous one.
For example, on Monday we start after 25 minutes, on Tuesday (already at 27 and on Friday or Saturday) we reach 40. At the same time, on Sunday you can do a day off.
Week 2. This week the task is to learn to walk 50 minutes a day. Here, the rate of increase in the training load is gradually reduced.
By the end of this week, you should be able to walk 50 minutes a day without much difficulty. Sunday they do the weekend.
Week 3. Homework – to achieve the result 60 minutes a day. Sunday they do the weekend.
We train to ski (in abbreviated form):
Week 1. During this week we try to increase the duration of the ski from 20 to 35 minutes a day. We train every day, trying to walk for 3-4 minutes more than the previous one. For example, on Monday we start at 20 minutes, on Tuesday (at 24 and on Friday or Saturday) we reach 35.
At the same time, on Sunday you can do a day off.
Week 2. This week, the task is to learn to ski 45 minutes a day. Here, the rate of increase in the training load is gradually reduced.
At the end of this week, you should be able to ski 45 minutes a day without much difficulty. Sunday they do the weekend.
Week 3. The task is to achieve a result of 50 minutes a day. Sunday they do the weekend.
As always, we wish our readers perseverance, health, consistency in achieving their objectives. Love sports, but do not do it without thinking, but carefully plan each step.
Have a sense of proportion, but be stable and consistent with this measure.