The periodic reports of the media on air crashes lead to the fact that many people are beginning to feel panicked by the fear of flying. Because of this, they refuse to travel abroad, spend more time on the road on the train.
If the flight is inevitable, all the time that passes, they are cruelly tormented. So people need to discover how to overcome the fear of flying and strictly follow all the useful recommendations.
To get rid of aerophobia (as well as any fear), it is first recommended to contact a psychologist. However, it is difficult to find a really good specialist, and not everyone has the money for these services, so you need to learn how to deal with their phobias.
Most of the time, people are afraid of flying due to the danger of falling into a plane crash. To get rid of this fear, you need to read accident statistics. In addition, it is recommended to verify it with the flight program and understand that accidents occur less frequently than safe flights.
In general, according to statistics, the probability of dying in a plane crash is 1: 1,100,000. In addition, any transport is an area of risk, including the one we use every day.
Car accidents, for example, occur much more often than with airplanes.
In addition, the fear in flight arises due to a misinterpretation of the details of the aircraft. To overcome it, you must read how air travel is. For example, many people fear that during takeoff they are strongly pressed against the chair, that they are putting their ears (and also when landing).
This is normal. The plane can take off from the ground only at a high enough speed (due to this and the pressures), and the ears can be supported due to pressure drops, then everything happens. The zone of turbulence is usually very frightening: a person seems to fall into a well several times in a row, but in reality there is no danger.
The plane only crosses the limits of high and low atmospheric pressure.
To avoid hurting yourself with so much trembling, you should buckle up at this time, do not get out of your seat and close the luggage compartment so nothing falls off.
Facts about planes that should help overcome fear:
- in any coating, almost all systems are duplicated (many even repeatedly), including motors, all can not be rejected at the same time
- Before the flight all the planes pass the technical inspection.
- during the flight under the wings of a strong pressure, the air maintains the car, it can fly even if an engine fails
- the aircraft is operated by a crew that is constantly trained
- Accidents happen only when many unfavorable circumstances come together, when the next flights are organized, the airlines try to take into account this negative experience.
How to prepare for the best.
To really overcome the fear of flying, you should not watch disaster movies or read in detail about plane crashes in front of him. This will make it even worse.
It is better to try to relax: read a book or watch a movie with positive content, listen to quiet music. Another life of piracy: a few days before the flight, read the easy way to enjoy the air travel of Allen Carr. This book has already helped thousands of people around the world to overcome their aerophobia this is indicated by high ratings and comments of the readers, which means that the author’s method works.
It is based on a systematic analysis of the fears associated with flights and their overcoming. At the end of the book, you will feel that the internal tension in thinking about the planes let it go.
What not to do? It is not necessary to go to any forum dedicated to air transport. Those who fly by plane like to talk about their difficulties, and this will increase fears.
It is better to simply study in advance information about the airline and, if possible, about the pilots who lead the flight.
Increase stress and fees on the last day in a hurry, so be prepared for the trip earlier. On the eve of departure, you need a good rest and rest.
The following recommendations will help address fear:
- It is necessary to choose direct and less long flights whenever possible to be as little as possible in the air.
- it’s better to fly in the afternoon, when it’s light, it’s not so scary
- When the fear of heights does not have to occupy a place near the window.
- with claustrophobia it is better to sit next to the emergency exit
- For those who fear turbulence, it is recommended to take the tickets in the bow and choose a large plane: pump less.
- It is generally better to take positions between the wings, they are the safest.
- during the flight, you should try to distract yourself: with a sharp book or movie, quiet music (just do not use the headphones, when the ear is on, wait), some crafts, talk to a neighbor (but in no case should we talk about possible accidents)
- You can comfort yourself with something tasty (fruits, berries), but in reasonable quantities
- You should try to close your eyes and imagine that you are going by bus or train.
- I always have to repeat that everything will be fine, that the pilots are also interested, so that the flight is completed safely.
- It is recommended to use special mobile applications that show flight in real time, including the warning of when turbulence may begin.
Many aerophones drink alcohol as a value, but again this should not be done: it can become physically bad and the fears will only be strengthened. In addition, it is terribly damaging and can lead to a conflict with flight attendants. Soothing tablets are not recommended, it is better to take the bottles with essential oils and breathe them.
Nor should you drink coffee, as it will excite the nervous system, which is already in the penis.
It is necessary to get rid of fear with the help of self-suggestion, but it is also important to control your physical health.
Fighting against poor health
The reluctance to fly can also occur due to the fear of putting ears or nausea. To help the ears, you need to do swallowing movements, for example, drink water. It is also recommended to yawn more often or just open your mouth, or you can breathe deeply, hold your nose and then exhale forcefully.
It will close in your ears and move away: the eardrum will snap into place.
If the plane does not take the plane, it is not necessary to eat well before the flight and during the flight it is recommended to eat a little lemon or orange, pickles, drink lemon or orange juice or still water, inhale the essential oils of mint, lemon or ginger. If there is no turbulence, you can get up and walk around the cabin a bit.
And if one can not get up, one must choose a fixed object next to one and concentrate on it.
Always remember that only the wrestler wins. Aerophones should not refuse to travel, but look for ways to get rid of the fear of flying an airplane.
The correct choice of flight and location, the conviction that everything will be in order and the distraction of interesting activities will help make the flight quite tolerable and, in the future, overcome the phobia completely.
Allen Carr’s method: a system that relieves fear. Smokers fear that those who drink alcohol can not cope with stress without cigarettes, can not enjoy holidays with friends and, of course, there are those who are very afraid of flying in airplanes.
Easy Way simply explains the causes of these fears. As soon as a person manages to understand that it is illusory, the fears will disappear, making the life of a person more cheerful and free.