Powerful muscles of the neck are always striking. It is difficult to imagine an athlete correctly folded without this important detail.
The powerful muscles of the neck always cause associations related to protection, reliability and durability. There are innumerable proverbs, proverbs and aphorisms associated with the neck and its meaning in human life.
People often use speech to sit on the neck, fall on the neck, drag around their neck, break the neck and so on. In general, as we see, the neck of a person is a true worker.
The main charge falls on her, both figuratively and literally. After all, when we carry a backpack or any load on the back or shoulders, a large load also falls on the neck. The same thing happens when an athlete works in a gym with a bar: he bends down or pulls.
Therefore, strengthening the neck has a practical meaning.
And now my readers and I are approaching another interesting question. How to pump the neck at home, or should it be done exclusively in the gym?
Can I do it fast and how to do it well? What exercises in these muscles should be performed, quickly or slowly, in what sequence, etc.?
There may be many questions, it is unlikely that anyone can answer everything quickly. Here we need a special sequence. So, how do you pump your neck at home?
Let’s look at this problem and get a universal algorithm of actions that will adjust correctly to the main training process both at home and in the gym.
The fundamental principle of the formative process.
It is very important to understand the next point. The best exercises for the development of any small muscle group are the basic exercises. In our case – deadlift and squat.
Because The fact is that in the basic exercises all the main muscle groups work in a single complex.
As a result, huge sets of muscles are pumped at the same time.
Remember why the base will always be higher and more important than the back room:
- First, with regard to the detail and work of the small muscles (all types of brachialis, posterior deltas, etc.). When you have already broken the central muscle mass due to the development of the muscles of the waist / back / legs with basic exercises, you can refine the small details. Since our body grows evenly, the following principle works: the more array arrays we carry, the stronger the overall growth effect will be.
- Without serious weightings in the basic exercises, it is impossible to make the isolation really great. In the basic exercises in the complex you work a lot of muscles. And, consequently, the greater the result of the basic exercises, the stronger the individual muscles will be (triceps / deltas, etc.).
- Serious bodybuilding classes, unfortunately, are associated with pharmaceutical body support. And this is really effective only in the context of a good power base, prepared by the hormonal system and the heart.
What else is important to know?
It is very important to understand that exercises in the neck will not occupy more than 5% of the total training volume. The rest of the training is exercises in large sets of muscles.
An explanation of why has already been given. Thus, the basic principles of the training process are the following:
1) Always 80% of the training volume is the base. That is, exercises for the back with a bar (for example, deadlift and squat, where the muscles of the trapezius and the neck are also involved, in addition to the back and legs). As mentioned earlier, these are the scars, the barbell with weights towards the chin, the squats (they involve mainly the lower back, the latissimus and the legs) and the deadlift (more emphasis on the back, the lower back and the biceps of the hip).
We perform from four approaches to the minimum of each exercise.
2) The back room (exercises for the back, trapeze and neck) is minimal. Basically we study only the largest muscles involved in movement, or the most lagging muscles.
Required – quadriceps, latissimus, biceps of the thigh. We pay close attention to the lower back.
3) For training, we do not do more than 3-4 exercises with the base and the service room.
What are neck exercises?
- Dead weight It can be said that this is the most important and important exercise for the development of the wider muscles of the back, the biceps of the thigh. Strengthens the lower back In addition, during the execution of the deadlift, many other muscle groups are actively involved in the work. There are several options for deadweight execution: classic, sumo, half sums (intermediate version). Work in a large or medium range of repetitions with moderate weight. If you want to increase the mass, you should not set yourself the task of working with a great weight.
- Sentadillas Basic basic exercises to develop muscles and develop all, without exception, the muscles of the legs (quadriceps, hip biceps, calves, etc.). In addition, all the muscles of the body and back (pressure, waist, latissimus, trapezius, neck muscles) are in static tension. Why is it important to perform squats, although they lightly load the neck? Because the squat position causes all large muscles to grow, which contributes to the proportional buildup of smaller muscle groups.
- We present to your attention the most popular and appropriate exercise for the neck. It is a lifting of heads with weighing. There are special belts for pumping the neck, which are placed on the head. At the bottom of the chain there is a weight in the form of a pancake. The athlete sits on the bench, leans the body slightly forward and begins to move up and down with this weighting. The main thing with this is not to stretch the neck muscles, so we recommend heating carefully before approaching.
It is time to summarize all of the above. A powerful neck is always striking.
It is difficult to imagine an inflated athlete without these important details. The powerful neck always causes associations related to protection, reliability, durability. It is in this that the main charge falls, both figuratively and literally.
After all, when we carry a backpack or any load on the back or shoulders, a large load also falls on the neck. The same – when we bend or throw.
Therefore, strengthening the neck has a practical meaning.
It is very important to understand that the best exercises for the development of any small muscle group are the basic exercises. In our case – deadlift and squat. Why
In basic exercises, all major muscle groups work in a single complex, while huge muscle sets are pumped at the same time. It is very important to understand that exercises in the neck will not occupy more than 5% of the training volume in its entirety.
The rest of the training consists mainly of exercises for the largest muscle mass.
Finally, we want readers to be friends of the sport and always take care of their health! Movement is life. If you do not even have full strength, but practice a sport constantly, believe me, you’re in a better position than those who try, break your veins, do it intensively for several months and then give up, disappointed by training and style of healthy life.
Remember that consistency and regularity are the fundamental principles of any training.