The broad back and the large latissimus muscles are the dream of many athletes. Men want to inflate back muscles and conquer girls (even outside the home), because these muscles are associated in girls with a sense of safety and reliability.
Such muscles are truly aesthetic. In addition, it is important to have a strong lower back, so as not to complain about health problems. How to pump a broad back?
Below, we will provide you with a list of exercises that will help you enhance your back, which you can even do at home, and we will give you some recommendations for in-home training.
So how do you pump a broad back at home and in the gym?
Is it possible to do this at home? Will dumbbell back exercises help in this matter?
What kind of back exercises with weights are best done at home and in the gym?
First of all, it is important to understand that in-home training will always be less than training in the gym. There are several objective reasons for this:
- At home, you can barely use all the necessary equipment (and, consequently, perform the necessary exercises). In particular, it refers to the bar. And the local impact, which involves exercises with weights and push-ups, is much less effective for the development of individual muscle groups, than the complex work of many muscle mass, which occurs due to the performance of basic exercises.
- In the gym you are in society. This makes you unconsciously show a great responsibility in the training during the exercise. In addition, communication with like-minded people motivates him to achieve new achievements in sports. Such conditions probably will not be at home.
Is it possible to equip a normal gym at home? Theoretically, you can equip everything you need in your home, but for this you will need certain conditions that can only be created in the cottages.
Camping or Romanian traction in an apartment is not the best idea, especially if you live at home on the tenth floor. The neighbors will give you a decent bill for the plaster sprinkled.
1) Lifting a horizontal bar is one of the simplest and oldest exercises for general physical development and the development of the wider back muscles. His technique is quite simple and is remembered from the first lesson. It gained its popularity long before the emergence and development of Olympic sport as such (that is, in its modern form).
They always stopped. Pull the military, the athletes, the fighters.
One of the main advantages is that the push-ups can be done at home.
There are many options for pull-ups. As a general rule, they differ in which grip you should choose. The fact is that the wider or narrower grip directly regulates which muscles are involved in the work.
Generally a wide grip is used, since it is with it that the wider muscles of the back are more loaded. The narrow reverse handle allows a greater degree of displacement of the load on the biceps.
The average shoulder width grip more evenly distributes the load in different muscles.
We recommend performing in a large amount of training and with a large number of repetitions.
2) To the belt with dumbbells in your hands. Auxiliary exercise for the development of the larger muscles. Convenient and easy to use.
Works in a wide range of repetitions with moderate weight. It can be done at home.
3) Rod to the belt. Auxiliary exercise for the development of the larger muscles with a bar.
Convenient and easy to use. In addition to the wider ones, they load the biceps and some muscles of the posterior deltas. Works in a wide range of repetitions with moderate weight.
It can be done at home.
4) Dead weight. It can be said that this is the most important and important exercise for the development of the wider muscles of the back, the biceps of the thigh. Strengthens the lower back
In addition, during the execution of the deadlift, many other muscle groups are actively involved in the work. There are several options for deadweight execution: classic, sumo, half sums (intermediate version). Work in a large or medium range of repetitions with moderate weight.
If you want to increase the mass, you should not get involved in heavy work weights.
5) Romanian push. Simplified analog of the deadlift.
Made on stretched legs. Work in a large or medium range of repetitions with moderate weight.
If you want to increase the weight, you should not grab large work weights.
A little about the deadlift technique.
The deadlift is one of the simplest basic exercises in technical execution. However, this does not mean that it is not necessary to build the correct starting position and connect the explosive force, lift the weight to the end and be rigidly fixed in the final position.
And since the deadlift is a fundamental exercise for the development of the muscles of the back (along with stretching), any athlete who boasts only needs to know the correct technique for its performance.
We all know that there are two basic styles to perform this exercise: sumo and classic. Consequently, technically they are also different.
1) In the classics, the athlete approaches the bar, so that the heels are strictly below the fretboard and the bar hits the lower part of the legs. The legs are separated at the height of the shoulders, the toes are turned forward, the knees are the same.
2) The athlete is near the bar in sumo, so that the heels are strictly under the neck and the neck falls on the legs. The legs are as wide as possible, the toes are at a 45 degree angle or at a large angle, and the knees are the same.
The execution technique is essentially the same in both cases:
The athlete takes the original position, grabbing the neck in width or slightly wider than the shoulders, sitting down so that the pelvis is rejected as much as possible, because the shoulders and knees do not crawl out of the neck. This is important
The shoulder blades should flatten firmly and the shoulders should lie down, beyond the neck (see figure).
The legs are squat parallel or even lower (the buttocks are backwards as far as possible), the back is straight, with a slight inclination, the shoulders are stretched, the knees do not crawl out of the neck. Hard heel support.
The gaze is directed forward and slightly upwards, so that the chin rises.
The whole body is as tense as possible, the hands hold the neck with all their strength, which cuts the pain in the shins. A second before the ascent, the maximum explosive effort is created and then, by simultaneously connecting the legs and the back, the athlete, without losing the stiffness of the original body, lifts the projectile, takes the neck strictly along the legs, pull with a single explosive movement until it straightens up to the deviation in the lower back, lifts the shoulders. backward
Then, making sure, he controls the bar with his back to the floor.
- in sumo, 80% of the effort is to break the dead center, pass the dead point, then the inertia bar, pass a small amplitude, is already in the final position
- In the classics, the projectile has to carry almost all the amplitude of movement until the end.
Who is more supreme and classic:
- sumo: those who have stronger legs and can create a large explosive force and a relatively undeveloped back
- the classics are for those whose back and legs are relatively developed, and the back can drag a lot of work on itself.
Let’s summarize the results. The wide back is the dream of many athletes.
Such support is associated with a sense of security and reliability. Of course, you can pump it back and at home.
But first of all, it is important to understand why home training will always be less than training in the gym. There are several objective reasons for this.
Performing the Romanian camp or traction in an apartment is not the best idea for the conditions of an apartment building. What exercises should be done to inflate a powerful back?
Be sure to do push-ups on the bar, one of the simplest and oldest exercises for general physical development and the development of the wider back muscles. Also, do not forget the deadlift. It can be said that this is the most important and important exercise for the development of the wider muscles of the back, the lower back and the biceps of the hip.
In addition, during the execution of the deadlift, many other muscle groups are actively involved in the work.