The treadmill is an essential attribute of the gym, because running is one of the most effective physical activities that strengthen the heart, muscles and the whole body. Sometimes, climatic and climatic conditions do not allow many of us to enjoy running in nature, and then the treadmills become a worthy and comfortable substitute for running outside.
However, it is necessary to remember the safety rules and tips that will help bring the body to a tone and achieve the most effective result of the exercises.
Purchase a simulator
Some of us prefer to practice sports at home during our free time and work. The treadmill is a popular house trainer, but before buying it, you must decide which type is worth buying.
The treadmills are divided into electrical and mechanical, and the latter in turn are divided into conventional and magnetic.
- The mechanical path is the easiest and most affordable view. It does not depend on electricity, because it is the person above it that marks the rhythm of the movement. Therefore, if the runner is tired and slow, then the track will move more slowly. Often, the mechanical tracks have only one additional function: the ability to adjust the angle of inclination of the canvas.
- The magnetic track uses a magnet as an inhibiting element, which makes the race smoother and the classes more comfortable.
- The electric path is the most functional and expensive exercise machine. It is equipped with a mini computer that calculates the calories burned and also shows the pulse, temperature and other indicators. The electric tracks are professional and amateur. The professionals are the most expensive and are used in gyms, and their speed can reach 40 km / h.
In fact, buying a treadmill is not always the best option. Many people think that buying a simulator will be a good motivation to start intensive activities, but after a while, the routine becomes boring, the enthusiasm disappears and the simulator becomes a clothes hanger.
That is why it is preferable to go to the gym, where in addition to the treadmill there are a lot of other simulators.
And a personal trainer will help you develop the right training strategy to succeed and achieve the desired goal, either to put the figure in order or to increase lean body mass.
Elementary rules for beginners.
Turning on and off different treadmills differ from each other, but the general principle of operation is almost the same.
- You must remember that before pressing the Start or Start button, you must decide the speed and the angle of inclination: the more it is, the more effort is needed to run, as if you were running uphill.
- The canvas track begins to move immediately after pressing the Start button. This means that you can not be in the simulator during the ignition, otherwise you will get a lot of work and you risk not keeping the balance. When it is turned on, it is necessary that the legs rest on the sides. Off the track must be after a complete stop of the simulator.
- Do not forget the safety key, especially for beginner runners who may experience a bit of seasickness during the first lessons on the track. The security code must be used to prevent injuries.
The slot for the key is located in the console of the simulator, and the rope reaches the athlete’s clothing and is attached to it. Some athletes do not see the need to use this device, but in vain. In an emergency, the human response does not always work. For example, you may feel dizzy or lose coordination, as a result, the rope will move, which will transmit the signal from the console, the track will stop and protect you from an accident.
- Speed during class is not the determining factor. Much more important is the pulse, whose upper threshold corresponds to the formula 220 minus its age. During classes, the pulse should be 70-75% of the number of your upper threshold. For example, if you are 28 years old, then we consider:
- 220 – 28 = 192
- 192 x 0.7 = 134
It turns out that the pulse can reach 134 beats per minute.
- If during the execution you need to change the configuration, you must first stop the track, since changing the parameters during the execution is highly undesirable.
- The changes themselves should not be too dramatic: the angle of inclination should be changed gradually, as well as the speed, because a sudden transition from slow walking to running will not bring the desired effect and will lead to rapid fatigue.
How do you train on the tape?
- It is necessary to start walking training, this warm up should last about 7 minutes.
- After that, 10 minutes should gradually increase the speed, so that in the next 5-10 minutes it will run with the maximum possible load for you.
- When fatigue is not recommended to stop exercising, you can go for a walk and then return to the race.
- The occupation must end with an easy race or a moderate walk, whose duration can be of 5 minutes.
Can I run on a catwalk with a full stomach?
Nutrition before exercise also plays an important role. Under no circumstances can you drink coffee before classes on the treadmill, since it is an additional burden on the cardiovascular system.
It is necessary to control the sufficient intake of carbohydrates.
On an empty stomach, jogging should not be done. You can eat some oatmeal or other slow carbohydrates before your workout.
While running in the simulator, it is necessary to drink, there are bottle holders on almost all treadmills. It will also be useful to take a towel so that sweat does not get in your eyes.
However, to use a bottle or a towel, you must slow down: you should not risk your health.
Running is life
Some people believe that walking on the track is enough to lose weight. Others think that walking is effective for beginners, but gradually they should move to active careers.
Each person is an individual and, before starting classes, you should consult your doctor, especially if you are being examined by a cardiologist and have problems with the cardiovascular system.
Three workouts per week will be enough to get fit: intensive daily workouts will not allow the body to recover. It is also necessary to remember that in this simulator it is necessary to run in sneakers, and not in socks or barefoot. Running in shoes will help prevent injuries to the ankle joints.
When you run, you should not lean on the handrails, because this way you change the center of gravity and get tired quickly. Hands must move: due to their movement, calories are also burned.
For fun, you can listen to music, study podcasts or watch movies while you run.
Running on the track should last about 30 minutes, and for beginners a quarter of an hour is enough. The exercise of more than an hour is not worth it, since it supposes an additional load for the articulations and the spine.
A treadmill allows you to simulate a regular race, and the effectiveness of the classes can not be less than that of a street race. The main thing is not to forget that the treadmill is a simulator that, before its use, requires a careful study of both the device and the understanding and implementation of the attached recommendations.