The popularity of jogging in the world is constantly growing, but many, even scientists, still wonder how good regular jogging is for health. It is better not to participate in speculations, but to resort to a competent source … They can become a person who runs systematically for more than 40 years and, despite their considerable age, participates in international marathons. It is the oldest Belarusian hydrogeologist of origin, Petersburg, author of the book Wellness Run at Any Age.
Proven in himself Roman Stankevich.
Rule number 1 – Do not hurt!
Slow or amateur jogging is considered well-being. Its goal is to preserve and improve health, prolong the youth of the body, increase efficiency and harmonize the state of mind.
Such a career is recommended, first, to middle-aged and seniors, from 30 to 80 years. For physical activity to give a positive result, Stankevich advises adhering to the rule of four n:
- Consistency: must run regularly every two days at a speed of 6-8 km / h
- sequence: after a race, a break in the day is necessary for the body to recover completely
- Graduality: you must start with a 20 minute race, gradually increasing up to one hour.
- viability – the load must correspond to the age and health status.
On the other hand, it should be said about monitoring your condition. Pain in the heart, dizziness, tingling in the side – signs that you are performing incorrectly. If you experience any of these symptoms during a workout, stop and breathe.
Find the pulse on your wrist and count the number of beats per minute.
With aerobic exercise, the heart rate should not exceed:
- at 30 years old – 162 beats / min
- in 40 years – 157 beats / min
- 50 years – 152 beats / min.
- At age 60 – 147 beats / min.
- At 70 years old – 142 beats / min.
- At 80 years old – 137 beats / min.
Why does a throbbing pain appear in my side as I run? Many therapists explain this by increasing the blood flow to the abdominal organs.
If the colitis is on the right, the liver suffers, on the left, the spleen. To increase the pain did not appear, do not run without heating and with a full stomach.
While jogging, slow down, breathe evenly and do not speak, maintain the correct posture.
The well-being of running and walking are contraindicated in:
- Atherosclerosis of the coronary arteries and aorta of the heart.
- second stage bronchial asthma
- Varicose veins, thrombophlebitis of the legs.
- Hypertension of the second and more stages.
- Stroke or heart attack less than a year ago
- Uncompensated forms of diabetes
- Exacerbations of duodenal and stomach ulcers.
- obesity last stage, when the excess weight is higher than 100%
- Acute respiratory infections, angina, influenza in the acute phase.
- Moderate rheumatism and maximum degree of activity.
- Chronic lung diseases in the acute phase.
- Cirrhosis of the liver, gallstone disease.
Jogging or jogging: performance technique.
Many novice runners, who face difficulty breathing, have pain in the lower back and pain in the muscles of the legs, throw sports. As Stankevich admits, the same thing happened to him.
At the beginning of the sports biography, the marathon runner did races every day. After 1.5 weeks, the total fatigue was affected, I had to interrupt.
Stankevich returned to training after 1.5 months, this time strictly observing the methodology. A great role in the exercise of playing a meticulous observance of technology.
The safety of the joints and ligaments, as well as the effectiveness of the load, depend on the correct adjustment of the feet and the choice of the step length.
Health technique that is executed next.
- During movement, the inner edges of the feet are in a straight line. Socks at the same time, slightly turned out.
- It is easier for amateur runners to put one foot on the ground from head to toe. It is important to do this by rolling gently, not hitting the ground with the floor.
- The vertical oscillations during the race must be minimal.
- The legs move due to the work of the hips and knees, and the legs in the flight phase remain relaxed.
- When doing the lower limbs forward, bend the knee gently. Otherwise, stretched legs explain the weight of the whole body and this is a huge burden on the joints.
- Do not raise the knees, turn from side to side with the hips or body.
- The steps should not be too long or short. You need to move easily, silently.
- The body remains stationary in relation to the vertical axis. It can lean forward, but slightly, from 5 to 7 degrees.
- The hands are bent at right angles, the brush is slightly compressed. The tension of the upper extremities is not necessary.
- While running, look to the right at 30-35 meters, and not under your feet. The shoulders of the neck should be relaxed.
The benefits of running for health and beauty.
To begin with, it is important to choose the right motivation. You can consider running as a means of health promotion.
It is proven that practicing three times a week increases the lumen of the coronary vessels, reduces the risk of atherosclerosis, myocardial infarction, diabetes. Physically active people have a strong immune system.
Thanks to the trot, metabolism and brain function are improved and the level of bad cholesterol is reduced. It is a remedy for chronic fatigue, hypotension, IRR.
Recent studies show that the average health trot prolongs life in 5 to 7 years.
Another reason to start running systematically is the need to normalize body weight and improve the shape of your body. Energy costs for a slow race: 600 calories per hour, that is, the average monthly weight loss is 1 kg. This is without power correction.
If you reduce your calorie intake, improvements in appearance will be noticed after 2-3 months.
At the same time, in case of severe obesity, it is impossible to start practicing sports with running. The American doctor Kenneth Cooper advised people who weigh more than 20 kg more than usual to prepare the body for exercise with a wellness walk.
They need to reasonably limit their diet by reducing their intake of fats and carbohydrates.
After a couple of months of walking, you can go jogging, while observing a series of precautions.
- Do not run on asphalt, only on soft ground. Choose park alleys or stadium tracks.
- The elevation of the legs during the race should be minimal, with a step length of 1.5 to 2 feet.
- Landing mostly on the foot. Run in sneakers with instep supports and thick and elastic sole.
- The first months of training should not be longer than 20-30 minutes. Execute alternating with walking.
- In addition to jogging, perform a series of exercises to strengthen the muscles of the foot and ankle.
Advantages of slow operation and equipment.
Those who participate in sports do not need incentives. For them, running is a value in itself, providing freedom, pleasure and harmony. Scientists explain the euphoria that covers runners, the release of endorphins in the body.
However, the benefits of recreational jogging are not limited to the intoxicating sensation. While jogging, a person concentrates on internal experiences, as if separated from the outside world.
Slow rhythmic movements, especially for music, act smoothly, adjusting to the work mood.
- Opportunity to study at any time of the year.
- It is possible to run both on the street and in the interior, on a race track.
- There is no need for special physical training or training.
- The load in operation is easy to dose according to the constitution of the body, the possibilities, age and gender.
- Control in the training process under the power of exercising the corridor itself.
- Running is an important component of all wellness programs.
Separate consideration deserves the issue of running clothes. In the summer, you can wear a cotton shirt or T-shirt, comfortable shorts or leggings.
For the sporty suit of cut adjusted, out of season. In winter, you must dress according to the principle of cabbage: the first layer is thermal underwear that removes moisture, the second is a warm wool suit or a sweatshirt. Outerwear – windproof jacket and water repellent with pants.
In addition, we need wool mittens, a balaclava or a hat, ski goggles. You need to run with special shoes or winter sports shoes.
The socks can be cotton or semi-synthetic.
Be healthy and do not deny yourself physical activity!