The conditions of modern life are such that an overwhelming number of people are forced to spend almost all of their time in a sitting position: during rest, during work, in a cafe, in a doctor’s office or at home to a laptop. This problem is especially relevant for office workers, for whom production gymnastics will be a true salvation for many health problems.
What is the use of gymnastics at work?
Office work consists of sitting in front of a computer for most of the day. Often, during the search, workers do not even have time to have lunch or a cup of tea, much less to stretch their bodies with light exercise.
As a result, sitting permanently in a chair causes many unpleasant changes in well-being:
- blurry vision
- over effort in the muscles (especially neck, back), the appearance of pain in the joints, the back
- The development of osteochondrosis, migraine, radiculitis, prostatitis, hemorrhoids.
- overweight and cellulite
- The appearance of pathologies of the musculoskeletal system of variable severity.
To reduce the risk of developing such conditions, you should observe your posture while sitting at the table throughout the day and take small breaks periodically to perform a simple set of exercises.
It will take a lot of time, but the quality of the work will not be affected. On the contrary, with the regular load, work capacity increases significantly, metabolic processes are accelerated, blood circulation is activated, irritability and emotional stress are reduced, and general well-being improves.
Even in the Soviet years, industrial gymnastics was very popular, which was absolutely necessary for all workers. Everyone knew what time a series of music exercises would be broadcast on the radio.
Currently, only the most responsible employers who are concerned about the health of their employees rent out sports halls or give passes to visit them.
If the manager does not consider it necessary to take care of the workers, this must be done independently, performing a set of exercises not too complicated for industrial gymnastics a couple of times during the workday. Only 5-7 minutes of this activity, preferably twice a day, will allow you to recharge the batteries and tune the work wave.
Types of industrial gymnastics.
- The micropause is a short physical activity, rather, a warming necessary to relieve muscle tension and self-massage. It is recommended to do micropause as often as possible.
- Athletic Minute: active rest for literally several minutes, which includes a couple of favorite exercises designed for the busiest muscles.
- Pause in physical culture: it takes a little more than a minute of physical activity, mainly aimed at preventing premature fatigue and maintaining activity throughout the day.
- Introductory gymnastics: from it begins the working day that includes a set of exercises that adapt better to the way of work. Thanks to this, the work of the main systems of the body is activated, allowing the most productive start of the working day. The duration of the introductory gymnastics is 5-7 minutes.
Before starting the classes, you must make sure that all the conditions for its implementation are met:
- the room is ventilated
- The air temperature is not too high (does not exceed 25 ° C)
- The rhythmic music is chosen to create the appropriate environment.
- rejection of excessively intense loads, since there will be no opportunity to bathe. In addition, excessively sharp movements and amplitude movements are difficult to perform on office clothes.
On the other hand, I want to mention comfortable clothes and shoes to carry. Of course, in a tracksuit, no one will come to the office, but as a compromise during the class, you can take off a strict jacket and change high-heeled shoes for comfortable loafers or sneakers, which you have wisely brought from home.
And, of course, the production load must be obligatory and regular.
Basic set of exercises.
Of course, ideally, gymnastics is best performed in a separate room, but often this is not possible. But even at or near your workplace, you can warm up perfectly, tone up your muscles, improve your mood and your overall well-being.
Industrial gymnastics can be performed sitting on a chair or standing.
Exercises, sitting on a chair:
- Put your hands on your waist and slowly tilt your head to the right and to the left, from side to side, back and forth
- Turn the brushes first in one direction, then in the other. In this case, the hands alternate at the beginning, and then the exercise is done with both hands.
- Circular movements of round-trip shoulders.
- straighten the back and turn the body to the left and to the right, then repeat the exercise with your hands
- With gentle tension in the back and relaxes the abdominal muscles.
- Squeeze a small ball firmly with your knees and press firmly on it, holding it in that position as long as you can
- extend the stretched legs, lift them above the floor and keep it in a similar position as long as possible
- Turn your feet clockwise first and then in the opposite direction.
- Place the legs apart shoulder-width apart and begin to turn the pelvis
- tilt the case in different directions
- Crouched, imagining that you sit in an invisible chair: the angle between your knees should be 90 degrees
- turn by hand
- Imitate walking: steps in place, raising knees up
- Tilt your torso to the ground, trying to reach your feet with your hands.
Gymnastics for the eyes.
Modern man spends a lot of time on the computer, which can not but affect visual acuity. Burned eyes can not focus on documents or the monitor.
They begin to water and redden, there is a burning sensation.
Even if the computer is positioned correctly in relation to the level of the eyes, adequate lighting is provided, even so you should take brief breaks at work to rest. Even better is to dedicate this time to a simple and at the same time effective load.
It is enough to spend a few minutes during each hour of work to avoid stretching the muscles of the eyes.
So, for this you need:
- periodically change the focus: change the vision of a nearby object to another distant one, repeat several times
- squeeze your eyes tightly and then open them as much as you can, repeat 10-15 times
- to concentrate on the nose and then relax the eyes, repeat 10 times
- Make rotation movements with the eyes to the right and back, look from left to right, from top to bottom.
The production gymnastics, provided it is done regularly, will bring many benefits to the employees who are forced to spend all their time of work sitting.
However, you should try to make as many movements as possible, which, at first glance, may seem quite normal.
- At least once an hour to get out of the chair. Thanks to this simple advice, it is possible to avoid the appearance of stagnant processes in the lower extremities, to improve blood circulation. Make it a rule to talk on a mobile phone, not sitting, but standing while walking.
- Whenever possible, you need to go outdoors, at least for a couple of minutes. No, even the most modern air conditioner can not replace the invigorating effect of fresh air.
- Any pauses in the work process (lack of Internet, downloading programs, etc.) should be used to the maximum benefit for you. It is better at this time not to communicate on social networks with friends and warm up a bit near your place of work.
- At each opportunity, try to get up from the workplace and move around. For example, take the newspaper to the next department, leave the elevator to walk down the stairs, simply walk through the office or the corridor, go to the next cafe at lunchtime.
- Enter a rule such as visiting a gym or pool at least a couple of times a week. Only in this case, no professional illness will be terrible, but good health and a great figure are guaranteed!