Physical activity includes a large number of different areas: yoga, pilates, dance and strength classes, aerobics and many others. In practically all training a static exercise – a bar is used.
It is aimed at developing resistance and working the superficial and deep muscles of the body.
An exercise called the plank involves the whole body. This is a universal exercise that will help everyone to tighten the stomach, strengthen the abdominals, legs, glutes, shoulders.
The peculiarity of the table is that the deep abdominal muscles are involved.
The table of exercises can be done in different ways. There are the following types of slats:
- Classic stand on straight legs and arms (or forearms),
- Sidebar on a straight or bent arm,
- Back plate straight or knees bent
- Options to lift legs and arms.
To understand which muscles work in all the options listed, you must disassemble the technique of each one of them.
To stop correctly in the bar, it is enough to remember the following rules:
- natural curves
- directed look:
down on a straight bar
forward to one side,
up on the back
The neck is a continuation of the spine.
- The hands or elbows are under the shoulder joints.
The performance of a classic level assumes a straight line frame or arms bent in elbows, straight legs. To learn how to do the plank exercise correctly, you can start with a simple option. It assumes a zipper on the forearms and knees.
It is necessary to try to maintain this position for some time and arrange the result. Everyone will have theirs.
In the future, gradually add to the original value of 5-10 seconds.
If the simple option seems easy, then you can keep the bar with straight legs and forearms. During the entire execution time, it is necessary to maintain a uniform breathing: inhale through the nose, exhale through the mouth.
The straight bar includes the work of almost all the muscles of the body. This press, the back, the chest, the shoulders, the front surface of the thigh.
The back is included in the work, since it fixes the spine in a fixed position, keeps the shoulder blades together.
The sidebar must be made with the same conditions as in the classic version. Pay attention to the following points:
- Head, neck, back, legs are a line,
- the pelvic bones are fixed in a neutral position (there is no bias, one thigh is exactly above the other),
- The lower arm (hand, elbow, shoulder) and upper arm are straight lines.
The lateral plate, in comparison with the classic one, displaces the load on the oblique abdominal muscles.
Beginners can start with a side board with legs bent at the knees, at the elbow. As in the previous version, add a few seconds each day to the original result.
The posterior plate is different from the previous ones in that it involves the muscles of the buttocks and the back of the thigh. It should also be done, but vice versa.
The column is directed to the ground, look up.
A table with legs bent at the knees is called a table.
When paying attention to the position of the hands or elbows (under the shoulder joints), the body should be a straight line from the tips of the fingers to the head. The breathing is soft.
Inhale through the nose, exhale through the mouth. Breathing correctly is very important in every exercise.
Planck is a diverse exercise that can be diversified and complicated.
Increase of load
You can keep the bar every day, gradually increasing the execution time. How many options of slats are there? Besides increasing the time, it can complicate the exercise in the following ways:
- raising the arms (stretching forward)
- lift your legs
- Simultaneous lifting of opposite legs and arms.
- Use of unstable platforms or balls and rings.
All kinds of complications can be used, no matter how many options are invented.
- Raise your arms. Raise your hand, hold it in a fixed position for a certain time and then change it. You can use additional charge. Take a small dumbbell in your hand, lift up alternately. In the final position, the shoulder and forearm continue the straight line of the body.
- Lifting the legs is similar. In the final position, the leg continues the body line. Maintain the natural elbow of the lumbar spine. It can complicate the option, put on the legs the weighting. In addition to the nucleus, here are the muscles of the buttocks.
- The simultaneous lifting of the opposite legs and arms is accompanied by the control of the position of the body. I should not change. This can also be attributed to the variant of the table with the movement. Simultaneous steps with the hand and foot, first in one direction, then in the other. This option includes the work of the main muscles of the thigh (inner surface). Additionally, you can put the weight on the legs. How much should they weigh? It is better to start with 0.5 kg, gradually increasing the weight.
- To complicate the program, you can use unstable platforms. It is a sanitary disc, filled medical ball, rubber ball, fitball. If there is a listed inventory, then you can put legs or hands on it on the table, while fixing the case correctly. Even if there is no inventory at home, you can make a bar with some items or furniture. For example, the soft surface of the bed or chair.
- Raise your arms. In the static version, generally the upper arm is in the belt or the straight arm is directed upwards. You can add the movement of the hand forward, up or down. Add weight to the arm in the form of a dumbbell, weighing agent or a small ball. To do the exercise correctly, the movement speed is slow. In this case there will be no balancing of the case.
- Lift your legs. Here you can make forward, backward, upward, downward movements. Do without loads or with its use.
- Simultaneous lifting of legs and arms. Combine the above options with the arm and foot.
- To do as in a straight bar, a leg or an arm (can simultaneously) fix on an unstable platform. Using the ring will add cargo. It is fixed with the shins of both legs, slowly compress and loosen the ring.
- Lift your legs. Usually in this version only the lifting of legs is used. As in the previous one, weighting can be added.
- Also, you can use the ring for Pilates. Fix it between the hips, compress slowly and loosen.
All these options can be added to the training program, which complicates the bar. Such modifications increase the load on the muscles of the shoulders, legs and buttocks.
The press works in all variants.
The main condition in all the variants of the exercise is the correct technique and breathing. Very often, newcomers unconsciously hold their breath while maintaining a static position.
What bar to choose?
Exercise classes will provide more benefits if you add different exercise options to your workouts. You can keep the bar every day.
She trains the press, several modifications complicate the work, add other muscle groups.
What options to use to press the press? Any option will help achieve high results.
By making the bar even after a day, you may notice an improvement almost immediately.
Any physical training can be done individually, given the desire of an athlete. If you like to do only the straight bar, then you can only stay in it, day by day, increasing the performance.
You can add some changes, use the equipment. This will only diversify the process, it will make it more fun.
What are the results worth waiting for if you only make the bar? This exercise makes it possible to work all the parts of the body, in addition to the press.
One day you can do the bar for a while, the second day add unstable platforms, several approaches with an emphasis on the buttocks.
If you add simple gymnastics exercises in the physical fitness format, you can improve the results in the table and, in addition, load the press.
It is worth mentioning that no matter how many different splint variants or other exercises are done, the stomach will not become flat without proper nutrition.
Physical activity is a wide range of activities, which include not only physical exercises, but also recommendations on how to eat well.
Each training makes it possible to achieve the desired results, such as pressing the press, adjusting the waist. Compliance with simple recommendations, such as adequate nutrition, will significantly speed up the process.
Good luck in fitness!