The flexions of the floor, however, as well as the push-ups in general (in various techniques, from any surface) are one of the basic basic exercises. Its beauty lies in availability, because you do not need anything more than your own weight and sex.
Even a child can get up off the floor, not to mention adults or trained athletes. It is believed that the floor flexions are harmless to the health of the joints and ligaments.
This is a controversial claim, since any physical activity will wear out the joints and ligaments. But, of course, the floor presses do so to a lesser extent than, for example, the bench press.
However, do not forget that a full warm-up will save you from a possible injury and having to think too much about how to protect yourself from it.
What muscles work when pushed up, what groups are involved in the work to a greater extent, what groups, to a lesser extent? Let’s see what muscles are moving when pushing.
So, first things first.
A little about the anatomy of the muscles involved in the push-ups.
Do not let the word anatomy scare you when you discuss a purely sporting question, but know that it is necessary for proper work with the body in the gym or at home, where in addition to the floor there are no other projectiles. Next, we analyze the role of certain muscle groups in basic exercises such as floor presses, bench press, etc.
How does a muscle affect the movement as a whole?
- The pectoral muscles are involved in the movement and extension of the arms. It is thanks to the pectoral muscles that we can direct the arm strictly forward. In the disciplines of power sports, the chest muscle is involved in the implementation of exercises such as the bench press, the bench press, the bench press weights, the prism of the dumbbells that lie, etc. If an athlete for any reason injured his shoulder, he will most likely perform exercises through pain, as he will receive a series of restrictions to perform many basic exercises and will have difficulty with the full extension of his arms. By the way, this is a very unpleasant type of injury. And often it is the injured chest that forces the jammers to finish their careers prematurely. Therefore, be sure to observe some measures of injury prevention, knead carefully and do not take the head to walk in the workout in terms of work with too much weight.
- The brachial, or otherwise deltoid, muscle is also involved in the movement and extension of the arms in the shoulder joint. This muscle is also a stabilizer, it does not allow the movement of the hands during the movement to deviate from the planned trajectory. The shoulders help us, in addition to the horizontal movements with our hands, to perform the verticals, for example, to lift a load from a floor to a certain height and so on. In the disciplines of power sports, the deltoid muscle is involved in the implementation of exercises such as bench press, bench press, dumbbell press, dumbbell stretching on the sides, dumbbell lifting in front of you and so on. . If an athlete injured his or her shoulder for any reason, then he or she will likely endure a series of restrictions to perform many basic exercises, as he will have difficulty with the full extension of his arms. By the way, this is also a very unpleasant type of injury. And often the injured shoulders are forcing the jammers to finish their careers. Therefore, be sure to follow some measures to prevent injuries, warm them carefully and do not take projectiles that are too heavy during training.
- The triceps are directly responsible for arm extension. It is thanks to the triceps that the muscles of the arms can contract and move forward or upward. It is thanks to the triceps that we can push, press the bar, lift any weight above ourselves. The triceps is an extensor muscle, responsible for the extension of the elbow joint. It plays a great importance in the implementation of exercises such as bench press and push-ups in the ground. The trauma of the triceps can negatively affect the ability to perform these basic exercises.
How can you deal with your weight?
How to deal with your weight?
It may be so. Below is a simple complex for the general development of the whole body with the help of accessible and simple exercises with their own weight, consisting of push-ups, jumps or push-ups.
The main thing is not to exaggerate during your workouts. Remember that recovery always prevails over training.
Exercise no more than once or twice a day.
- Jumping from a squat: 30×10
- slow squats (the technique is the same as in bar squats): 25×3-5
- Static (in the parallel position): 3 approaches to failure.
- push-ups: 10 to 10
- Exercises with rubber triceps: 3 sets to failure.
- lift any weight (similar to lifting a pancake from a bar): 2 approaches to failure.
The following exercises are good for the back:
- Pull-ups (load the whole back pit): 10 to 10.
- Boat (working in the lower part of the back): 25 to 10.
- Static (boat): 2 approaches to failure.
What you need to start training completely.
- It is necessary, first of all, to prepare the engine for hard work.
It is highly desirable that before training in the gym or cross training you have experience in functional training. What is meant by this? This implies a certain level of resistance.
For example, if you can run a kilometer or two without difficulty breathing, it means that you have a normal level of functional training. Why is it important to have a trained heart? The fact is that strength training or crossfit workouts are high intensity.
Consequently, they weigh heavily in your heart. Unsuspecting engine stops very quickly.
If you have a weak level of functional training, we recommend that you spend the first two or three months to strengthen the heart. To the best of your ability, run, jump, go uphill, and have high quality resistance training.
- It is necessary to prepare the joints and ligaments for hard work.
We believe that unnecessary comments will not be needed here. What is important to understand? If the joints and ligaments are weak, then there is a high risk of injury, for example, stretching or tearing.
For ligaments, it is important to be plastic, so that you work on your elasticity, stretching. Do not forget to take vitamins so that the joints receive all the necessary nutrients.
Let’s summarize. The push-ups are one of the basic exercises.
Its beauty lies in the availability, because it needs nothing more than its own weight and the surface of the floor. Even a child can get up off the floor, not to mention adults or trained athletes. When pushing from the ground, many muscles work.
The pectoral muscles are involved in the movement and extension of the arms. It is thanks to the pectoral muscles that we can direct the arm strictly forward.
The shoulder muscle (or deltoids) also swings, participates in the movement and extension of the arms in the shoulder joint. The deltas are also a stabilizer, they do not allow the movement of the hands during the movements to deviate from the planned trajectory.
The shoulders help us, in addition to the horizontal movements of the hand, to perform vertical movements, for example, to lift some kind of load on the shelf. The triceps are directly responsible for arm extension. It is thanks to the triceps that the muscles of the arms can contract and move forward or upward.
It is thanks to the triceps that we can push, press the bar, lift any weight above ourselves. The triceps is an extensor muscle, responsible for the extension of the elbow joint.
Finally, we want readers to be friends of the sport and always take care of their health! Movement is life.