The use of natural materials in the interior never goes out of style. And wooden articles legitimately occupy a leading position.
Table tops for a variety of tables and tables (dining room, decoration, coffee, garden) can be made with this material and, at the same time, they will look different.
The priority is the use of wood in its natural forms:
- Solid matrix – the most valuable and elite raw materials.
- Matrix stuck, which, in fact, is not a matrix. This material is less expensive, but more robust, since it consists of boards and sticks.
- Relatively cheap raw materials: longitudinal and transverse cuts, each of which retains the original wooden pattern, is used to create unique furniture.
When you choose a wood to make a table or another piece of furniture with your own hands, they use stones with an optimal combination of stability and resistance. For example, oak, cherry, cherry, teak, walnut.
Beginners are advised to perform the first solid pine work.
Making a wooden surface for the kitchen table.
The wooden furniture, handmade, is always a reason to respect the master. There are no trivia here.
But even a person without special skills, following the advice of specialists, can cope and make an excellent countertop for the kitchen table or the kitchen work area.
Materials and tools
For the dining area of 0.6 m, prepare:
- 4 cutting boards with a length of 1 m.
- Paint or stain to finish the surface of the table of tables.
- Wood putty
- Grinding machine with nozzles.
- Electric drill, drill 8 mm.
- Carpenter’s glue
- Adjust the length of all the boards to 1 m, as well as the width and thickness.
- Sand the work piece with a plane. The quality of this work depends on how carefully the table can be made.
- Pay attention to the edges so that the parts can be closely connected to each other.
- We will produce the production of a single canvas from boards with the help of moldings. Mark the ends in steps of 10-15 cm.
- Drill 8 mm holes in the locations marked with a drill.
- To remove the raised fibers, process the edges with an emery cloth.
- Fill the holes with wood glue.
- Beat the chopies on them.
- Alternatively connect the 4 tables. To make the product more resistant to moisture, place the slats so that the wood fibers are directed in different directions.
- Excess glue on the surface of the boards should be cleaned immediately.
- To make the table more textured, you can process it with a metal sponge.
- When you finish making a table of tables with your own hands, cover the surface with a stain. Then apply a coat of varnish. This will emphasize the beauty of the image. A few more coats, applied alternately, will give a bright shine.
Sawn wood surface
The chaotic or ordered combination of concentric patterns of wood saws always looks original and draws attention. These products are increasingly seen not only in country houses and summer gardens, but also in urban apartments.
The natural details have a positive natural energy, they act smoothly, they decorate the interior.
It turns out that such an original tabletop is easy to make with your own hands. And once you’ve learned the basics, you can make other interior items.
What you need to work
- As a base for the countertop, you can prepare a piece of plywood with a density of 12 mm, a little more than the necessary size. The wooden top of the old table will also fit. To avoid distortion of the parts, the surface must be absolutely flat.
- The required number of dry end cuts, which will be enough to fill the table. The size of the elements depends on the preferences and ideas of the teacher. Use cuts of different trees, differ in color, pattern, size.
- Hardener and epoxy resin to fill gaps and fix cuts. The amount of these substances depends on the area of the table and the density of the decorative elements. Choose high quality fillings.
- For a reliable fixation of the cuts in the base, you will need wood glue (200-300 g).
- Eccentric wood sander. Emery circles with grain sizes not less than 120.
Instructions to create an exclusive surface.
Making your own tops of wood saw cuts differs significantly from other ways of working with wood. So pay attention to the details:
- Prepare the cuts. They must be ordered, have the same thickness no more than 1 cm. Otherwise, the parts will not absorb the protective agent, you will need a large amount of epoxy resin and the table will be too heavy. If you can not afford it, contact a specialist who has a chainsaw.
Attention Use at work is only possible to make dry cuts.
- Since the base of the table should be strong and soft, it is recommended to do it with natural wood or with moisture resistant plywood. The agglomerate can change when moisture levels change. To facilitate the task, request the cut of the base in the place of purchase of the material.
- Sand the surface of the wood cuts, if you wish, you can remove the bark.
- Place blanks on a clean surface. Each one determines the design itself: a chaotic or organized pattern, which alternates larger and smaller diameter cuts.
- Set the position of the wooden circles on the base with wood glue. After gluing the pieces, leave it on for a while until it is completely dry.
- The next stage is to build your own hands around the perimeter or circumference of the table with hermetic tabs. In straight lines, use strips of plywood, battens, for more flexible rounded materials. Produce fasteners on nails, screws, staples, etc.
- Prepare a mixture of epoxy resin filler, hardener, if necessary, a coloring pigment.
Attention The addition of chalk will help to give the epoxy the white, gray tint – a small amount of cement, black soot.
Pigments of other colors are purchased in the commercial network.
- Fill all gaps with liquid filling gently. Leave it for a long time until it is completely dry.
- When the epoxy filler hardens, remove the edge. Start sanding the table. First coarse grain, then use a small nozzle.
You will get an original DIY countertop with cut-outs and hollows filled with epoxy in the middle.