The convenient and adequately planned filling of the cabinet, made with your own hands, allows you to keep things in order and use the free space efficiently. The division of a piece of furniture in conditional areas for long things, shoes, bedding, cosmetics makes the use practical and comfortable.
That is why the main parts that make up the design of the cabinet are shelves, hangers, baskets, drawers, which have many types and characteristics. And to be strong, serve for a long time, reliably, you must take design seriously and choose high quality materials.
Making a wardrobe with your hands gives many advantages. Therefore, this is not only a significant saving in the family budget, but also an opportunity for fantasy and experimentation. And for the final product to be comfortable and practical, you should be guided by the following tips at the design stage:
- The number of compartments inside the cabinet must match the number of doors. But this rule does not apply to wide doors, behind which you can install 2 compartments with shelves at a time.
- It is convenient to store clothes in cells with a height of 35-40 cm, books – 20-35 cm.
- The optimal opening for long clothes is 150-160 cm, short – up to 100 cm.
- Bulky items, suitcases, travel bags are best placed on the top shelf. The height of the opening must be at least 45 cm.
- According to the generally accepted standards, the depth of the cabinet is 60 cm, it is the size of the factory model. If the cabinet is manufactured independently, it is best to make at least 65 cm. The fact is that the mechanism of the door “eats” 10 cm, therefore, only 50 cm remains for clothes with hangers.
- If you plan to install a volume knob in the box, you should drown slightly so that the protruding part does not touch the door. An excellent alternative to these handles will be the slots for the fingers on the front panel of the drawer.
- Making the boxes with your own hands, it is better to use full extension ball bearings. They are distinguished by their durability, durability and comfort.
- Large cells larger than 80 cm should be reinforced with a partition, otherwise they will bend under the weight of things.
- It is also recommended that weights for clothing over 100 cm be further reinforced with a vertical bar, the lower end of which rests on the floor and the upper end on the upper shelf. Because of this, you can not be afraid of a large weight of clothes.
- It is better to mount the lighting in the cabinet in the viewer of the roof from a distance, and not inside the structure, otherwise, the light will fall only on the top shelf.
When making a wardrobe with their own hands, we must not forget that the arrangement of things must have a certain sequence. For example, in the upper part you put the most unnecessary things you need at least: hats, bags.
Among those that are used most often – outerwear. Below are boxes with shoes, bags, backpacks.
The layout of the hall and the rooms.
The internal design of the cabinet depends directly on what is planned to be stored in it. This means that when designing a piece of furniture for a corridor, bedroom or living room, it is necessary to know clearly what things will be located there.
More often, the dimensions of the corridor do not allow to place a closet with a depth of more than 40 cm.
Taking into account the fact that about 10 cm are spent on the sliding system, there is very little space for the placement of outer clothing: jackets, coats, raincoats. And standard hangers simply do not fit in such a narrow cabinet.
To make the internal structure more functional, the end rods will help, which are mounted instead of the standard ones. Both are retractable and stationary.
It is unlikely that the entire upper family closet can accommodate them, but basic things are possible.
For storing shoes, the niches are made of wire, where you can place 2-3 pairs of shoes or shoes. The rest should be stored in boxes.
Make a convenient wardrobe help the small sliding elements, where you can place the brushes for shoes and clothes, creams, spare keys and other trivialities.
The closet in the hallway is the place where umbrellas, packages and bags are stored, so you must take care of the necessary amount of hooks, where you can hang everything you need. Using a mirror on the doors not only visually expands the room, but also allows you to see yourself before leaving the house at its maximum height.
The sliding closet for a bedroom is a place for daily storage of work clothes and sleepwear. Therefore, before you start making furniture with your own hands, you should carefully consider all the options to fill it. The most popular are:
- Baskets They can be made of metal, plastic and are versatile for storing things. They can put both socks and shirts.
- Pantograph This is a clothes rod, equipped with a handle and a mechanism to lower. This option is suitable for those who wish to use the upper space in the most efficient way possible.
- Fixation for iron and built-in ironing board.
- Hangers for ties, belts, pants.
- Drawers for underwear.
- Supports to store shoes.
As for the built-in wardrobes, many prefer to make niches in them for televisions, computers. This allows you to download the room, free up more space.
Choose a material
What to do to the shelves, so that they are strong, durable and that the wardrobe is maintained for a long time? Consider the advantages and disadvantages of popular materials:
- Solid wood. The naturalness of this material is beyond doubt, it is excellent when you need to make the shelf strong and rich. The shelf for books or dressing rooms with long shelves, made of wood, will last a long time, will not bend due to the weight. Such furniture is famous for its strength and durability. The disadvantage of the solution can be the excessive weight of the finished product, as well as the high price compared to the budget options.
- Typography matrix. Unlike solid wood, the price of these niches is much lower, but the advantages are the same. The material consists of glued and varnished wooden rods.
- Carpentry plate. The material is a wooden frame, covered on both sides with plywood. Perfect for heavy things, like books.
- MDF, agglomerated. The most common material and accessible to a wide range of consumers. Used for the manufacture of shelves in cabinet furniture, suitable for installation by hand. They consist of small pieces of wood, pressed and glued together. The standard thickness of the shelves is 16 to 18 mm, but if you plan to use them to store heavy objects, it is recommended to stop the choice on thicker plates of up to 25 mm.
- Glass This material is used less frequently in the manufacture of shelves in the closet. Although it has its advantages: they look light, but at the same time quite durable. Glass can be used to make cells in open areas of the closet in the living room.
- Metal The perfect solution for making racks to store shoes, baskets of metal rods. The necessary accessories can be found in online stores, and then perform the installation with your own hands.
Holding the shelves with your own hands is an important element in costume making. The reliability of the structure depends on how well they are fixed.
Installation is not a big problem and does not require special skills. The main thing is to do the calculations correctly and arm yourself with a set of tools. When marking, it is important to strictly observe the horizontal levels, otherwise, the weight on the shelf will be distributed incorrectly, which increases the load on one of the supports.
As a result, such carelessness will result in a break in the piece.
- Corner furniture. The simplest and most resistant type of fastener that does not require additional holes in the panels. The corners come in 2 types: plastic, metal. But they have one drawback: such closures are too remarkable.
- Eurovint. It is screwed into the end of the shelf with a previously made hole. Like the bolted flange, there are screw caps on the front of the panel. The most used products with a diameter of 7 mm and a length of 50-70 mm. To install them, 2 holes are drilled in the end of the shelf and in the face of the piece. The disadvantages include the fact that said furniture can not be subjected to assembly and disassembly more than 3 times, due to the destruction of the support. Also on the sides of the furniture there are visible covers or euro-screw plugs.
- Eccentric rule. One of the most popular and reliable types of bras. The advantage is obvious: furniture with an eccentric tie can be assembled and disassembled many times without fear of consequences. How the fastener goes: the eccentric rod is screwed into the face of the part, to which the end is attached to another part, in turn, the eccentric itself is screwed to the end of the other ledge, and then the eccentric rotates the Rod in itself.
Step by step installation
It is easy to make cells for things with their own hands, the main thing is to properly prepare the materials and parts necessary for the installation. The list of tools that will be required for the job:
- Drill and drill diameter required
- Puzzle to cut materials (if necessary)
- gluing of iron
- office knife
- Iron rule (it is not recommended to use rules made in China, errors are possible in them)
- simple pencil
- Sheets of MDF for shelves
- MDF edge
Once the cabinet frame has been assembled and the internal marking has been done, you can proceed directly to the installation of the shelves. With a control angle, make sure that the side walls of the cabinet are at right angles to the back wall of the structure.
The required size of the shelves can be cut with your own hands using a manual or electric saw. After the cut, an unsightly edge is formed, it can be hidden with adhesive tape, for this it is necessary to join it to the edge and iron it with a hot iron.
The finished shelf is placed in a type of pre-selected fasteners.