To clear the snow quickly, you can, of course, use a shovel or, if opportunities permit, buy automatic snow throwing equipment. But these methods are not suitable for everyone, so it will be useful to know what other 5 ways exist, how to quickly clean snow around the house.
For quick snow cleaning, you can buy automatic snow throwing equipment.
Method 1: salt
How it works: the salt crumbles on the surface of the snow cover and mixes with the snow. Under the influence of the environment, after 15-30 minutes, the rapid melting of the snow begins, which becomes a vaporous and liquid state with reagent impurities, forming a sludge, a soft mass that remains after a chemical reaction .
Salt crumbles on snow
Pros: Fast results and high quality.
- Salt is an extremely aggressive reagent that can not be eliminated from the territory by 100%.
- The combination of sodium and chlorine literally kills all living things, so you should not use salt in the areas where pets live.
- The salinity of shoes, car tires and road surfaces will suffer and corrode due to corrosive damage.
- Salt on the ground or growing near plants is highly undesirable.
Salt is an extremely aggressive reagent.
It is important It is advisable to immediately take the consequences of the fight with snow outside the local area, otherwise it is not necessary to talk about the preservation of soil fertility of your site.
Method 2: scraper or scraper
Because of its appearance, the scraper is a wide blade with a curved handle and low sides.
He is being pushed by his weight in front of him.
How it works: the scraper differs from the standard blade in that it does not throw snow. He is being pushed by his weight in front of him.
In this way, strength and time are saved, since not only the muscular strength of a person’s hands participates in the work, but also the weight of their entire body, while the load on their back is minimal.
For appearance the scraper is a wide blade.
- Cleaning works are carried out much faster due to the excellent scraper that slides on the snow.
- The wide base allows you to capture a large amount of snow.
The wide base allows you to capture a large amount of snow.
- Due to the large dimensions, clearing can only be done on a wide stretch of road. The narrow, small areas to clean the snow scraper will not work.
- A scraper can break the decorative cover of the garden path.
Method 3. Scoop blade on wheels.
How it works: A rectangular curved blade is attached to the wheeled device, which is moved around the site by a person in front of it. The masses of snow are collected in layers and move away from the road.
He is being pushed by his weight in front of him.
- ease of handling
- allows you to clean large enough areas
- Efficiency in cleaning freshly fallen and packaged snow.
- Faster cleaning speed compared to conventional blades.
- Reducing the load on a person’s back.
Blade blade on wheels
It is important The best scraper materials are aluminum and plastic, as they guarantee light weight and durability.
Method 4. Automatic snow removal equipment.
It can be a tractor to walk or a mini tractor equipped with a special shovel for snow, or a snow rotor compact with a screw or self-propelled or mounted on a car that grinds masses of snow and throws them to one side.
How it works: the soft snow moves, is placed in layers, in the direction given by the snow shovel, or is crushed in a screw mechanism to obtain the consistency of the snow powder and poured in the right direction.
Automatic snow removal equipment.
It is important If the thickness of the snow cover is more than 1 meter, the top layer of snow should be removed with a shovel to reduce the possibility of snow breaking.
Method 5. Melt the snow using a snow melt machine.
How it works: a special melting device is sent to the snow masses and in a matter of minutes it turns them into molten water, which can be simply poured or left aside.
Special fusion device is sent to the snow masses.
A compact snow melting machine of this type can be purchased with neighbors, used as needed and always forgotten about the difficulties associated with the burden of clearing snow debris.
For private needs, snow smelters weighing between 400 and 500 kg are suitable and take up little space. The performance of this machine is 0.5 to 2 cubic meters of snow per hour.
Snow melting machines work with electricity
It is important Snow melting machines operate at the expense of electricity and require connection to the sewer system.
- Convenience of the operation
- Environmental and soil safety.
- The snow does not need to be removed.
- The unit often comes with a mini version of the roof snow smelter, so you can quickly get rid of icicles, ice sheets and snow.
The snow does not need to be removed.
Cons: high cost (of 500 thousand rubles for an installation).
To reduce the cost of the cleaning process, if it is not possible to purchase automated snow removal equipment, several options can be made to clean the devices with their own hands.