So bright, tasty, unusual! ��
Until recently, I used beets only to make salads, and of course borscht, of course. But then it caught the attention of a recipe that expanded my culinary horizons!
A cake with nuts, spices and beets is as tasty as it is beautiful. The slightly moist texture and the unusually bright color of the crumb make this baking is similar to the legendary “Red Velvet”, and the combination of nuts and spices leaves an unforgettable gastronomic impression.
- 3 cooked beets of medium size
- 3 eggs
- 150 ml low-fat yogurt or sour cream
- 200 g of sugar
- 50 ml of vegetable oil
- 75 g of flour
- 200 g of semolina
- 150 grams of nuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of ground teeth
- butter for lubricating forms
- Sodium beet boiled (or baked) grated with small holes.
- Put the nuts in a bag with a rolling pin. They can also be cut finely with a knife.
3. Beat the eggs with sugar until bubbles appear, add vegetable oil, yogurt (you can also use yogurt, liquid sour cream).
4. Pour into the liquid dough the flour, the semolina, the baking powder, the cinnamon and a pinch of ground cloves. Also add the grated beetroot and the chopped walnuts.
5. Spread the baking dish with butter and sprinkle with flour. Pour the dough.
Bake a cupcake at 180 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Arrangement to check a wooden toothpick or match.
Let the cupcake cool slightly in shape, then gently remove it. Decorate with powdered sugar and take it to the table!