Dough for cake layers:
- 80 g of butter at room temperature
- 100 g of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml of milk
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 800-900 g of flour
Custard with condensed milk:
- 650 ml of milk
- seeds 1 vanilla bean (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of starch
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 120 g of butter at room temperature
- In a bowl, beat the butter with sugar.
- Add the eggs and beat again with a blender before combining them.
- Add the milk, mix.
- Part of the flour mixed with the baking powder, sift and add to the milk and milk mixture. Gradually add all the flour. Observe the consistency: the dough should be smooth, but it should not stick to the hands. Cover the bowl with dough and let it rest in a warm place for half an hour. (Meanwhile, you can make custard).
- Heat the oven to 170ºC.
- Roll the dough into a “sausage” and divide it into 20 equal pieces.
- Each piece is very thin and can be rolled to the desired size (I have 22 cm). I did this: I spread the dough on a silicone mat, the dough adhered well and did not “sit down”. Then, immediately cut a circle for the cakes with a circle of the desired diameter. The remains remained around, after baking, turning golden, only suitable for sprinkling the cake. While baking a cake, she threw another. And so the 20 cakes alternate. Baked cakes for about 4-5 minutes, until they are a little brown. I recommend preparing the cream in advance and immediately, while the cakes are hot, lubricate them with cream, so that they do not dry out and do not arch, and the cake will come out smooth and tidy.
- Cut the cake of the cake to the desired size or to a fine crumb and leave them to cover the cake.
- Boil the condensed milk. To do this, immerse a whole can of condensed milk in cold water and simmer for 2 hours. Make sure the water does not boil and add hot water if necessary. Or you can take boiled condensed milk ready.
- Pour the milk into the pan and add the seeds of 1 vanilla pod and bring to a boil.
- While the milk is heated, in a bowl, beat the eggs and starch until they are white and increase the volume.
- Continuing to hammer the eggs, pour the hot milk and stir a little more.
- Return the mixture to the heat and cook until it thickens, stirring constantly. Try not to form lumps. In case of lumps, clean the mixture through a sieve. Chill the custard.
- Beat the butter with boiled condensed milk. The products must be at room temperature.
- Mix the custard and the butter cream.
Each cake richly greases the cream. Do not forget to leave the cream for the top cake and the sides of the cake.
Cut the crumbs in the crumb and sprinkle with a creamy cake. Put the cake in the refrigerator overnight so it is well soaked.