Many do not know how to cook a tasty rabbit, and even more to cut it into portions correctly. With recommendations available, it will be possible to emphasize the best aspects of healthy meat and diet and turn the dishes into a true culinary masterpiece.
Rabbit meals with adequate preparation are not only tasty, but also characterized by their high nutritional value. However, as with any product, this meat has its own peculiarities of processing, which should be taken into account when starting the process.
- The housing is cut into separate parts.
- The peculiar smell of the rabbit is neutralized by soaking.
- The juiciness of the product will save the marinade. With your help, you can add a special and spicy flavor to the dish.
- Another way to preserve the juiciness of the meat is to fry it.
- Dietary rabbit meat is perfectly combined with any vegetable, mushrooms.
- Rosemary, juniper berries and colorful vegetables add a special flavor to rabbit dishes.
Many housewives scared the next cut of rabbits. But in reality, the process is simple and everyone will face a sharp knife, scissors and a board.
Visual photos and step-by-step instructions will help you complete the task correctly.
1. Prepare everything you need to cut.
2. Remove the inside of the housing and cut the grease.
3. Cut the back.
It is not recommended to use an ax when cutting, it is necessary to cut the carcass in parts with scissors or a knife along the joint, preserving the integrity of the bones.
4. Cut the hind legs.
5. Each leg is cut in half by the joint.
6. Cut the front legs.
7. Cut each front leg in 2 parts.
8. The remaining body is incised from above with a knife, determining the size of the pieces.
9. Cut the spine instead of incisions along the joint with scissors.
10. The sternum is removed from the lungs and cut into portions with scissors.
11. Add the portions of rabbit received to the bowl.
Delicious and delicious rabbit, whose recipe can be the easiest and the most exquisite, is the perfect solution for a festive menu, a daily dinner or any other meal. To get the dish, you need to know some secrets.
- The main condition for obtaining the desired result is the high quality and necessarily fresh (not frozen) meat of a young rabbit.
- You should not opt for mature corpses. The meat of these animals is hard and has a characteristic smell, which is more difficult to eliminate.
- To improve the characteristics of rabbit meat is soaked in salt water, acidified (natural or mineral), milk or whey.
The correct marinade for a rabbit will not only give the dish the necessary flavors, but it will also make it juicier, softer and smoother.
- Very often, wine, lemon juice, or simply a mixture of dried spices, herbs and garlic are used for pickling.
- The rabbit meat combines perfectly with most spices, acquiring its flavor and acquiring an incredible spicy flavor.
- The use of sweet ingredients should be avoided, and the wine should be used exclusively dry with a low sugar content.
- After soaking, there is enough time for marinating, so that the meat is nourished with the desired flavor. Do not soak the rabbit marinate for at least three hours.
For those who have not found cooking with similar dishes, the following information on how to prepare a rabbit to make the debut was successful, and the result satisfied both the cook and the dining rooms.
- The simplest rabbit dishes are prepared by stewing in a saucepan, cauldron or pan. The meat is complemented with a concise set of onions and carrots or uses more original solutions with an accompaniment of multiple components consisting of delicious sauces and sauce.
- The dietary properties of rabbit meat contribute to the use of this meat in soups for cooking and other first courses. The lightness of the culinary compositions obtained and the excellent flavor characteristics are combined with the disproportionate benefit of the dishes. Cooked hot with vegetables, with the addition of cereals, mushrooms or any other composition to choose from.
- The most delicious rabbit meat is obtained if you cook it in the oven. A good accompaniment of the slices in this case will be potatoes or other vegetables, mushrooms and other additives to choose from.
Dairy products have a beneficial effect on the taste of the rabbit, both during the soaking and in the heat treatment process. Next, you will learn how to cook a rabbit in sour cream in a simple, quick way, without too much trouble or discomfort.
The recipe can be taken as a basis for later creations and own culinary experiments.
- rabbit meat – 1 kg
- Carrots and onions – 1 pc.
- sour cream – 300 g
- Pink peppercorns – 10 pcs.
- Marjoram – 2 teaspoons
- broth or water – 250 ml
- Salt – 2 teaspoons or to taste.
- Prepared rabbit pieces are fried on high heat in hot oil.
- Add the onions and carrots, pink pepper, fry for 10 minutes.
- The sour cream is mixed with broth or water, seasoned to taste, pour the mixture into the meat.
- The rabbit is cooked in sour cream for 1.5 hours.
Next on how to cook the rabbit at the beginning. Rabbit soup with meat and rabbit meat will be the perfect solution for a homemade dinner and will satisfy the varied tastes of the whole family.
As a filling, you can take a vegetable mixture of potatoes, onions with carrots, cabbage or add any cereal to choose from.
- rabbit meat – 500 g
- Carrots and onions – 1 pc.
- Potatoes – 6 pieces
- Rice (millet, buckwheat) – 3-4 tablespoons. spoons
- oil – 2 tbsp. spoons
- Salt, condiments, vegetables, sour cream.
- Boil until the rabbit pieces are ready.
- The meat is separated from the bones, cut, returned to the broth.
- Put the potatoes, wash the cereals, cook for 10 minutes.
- Fry the onions and carrots in a saucepan, season the dishes to taste, cook another 10 minutes.
- It serves rabbit soup with sour cream and herbs.
The following recipe will help you to treat how to cook a rabbit in the oven, so that the meat remains juicy and at the same time acquires a reddish and appetizing crust. Before baking, the pieces can be browned over high heat in oil in a pan or can be generously drizzled with olive oil before cooking.
- Young rabbit housing – 1 piece.
- Potatoes – 1 kg
- Tomatoes – 5-6 pieces
- carrots – 1 piece
- mushrooms – 200 g
- white wine – 200 ml
- Garlic – 4-5 teeth
- Salt, pepper, spices, herbs, olive oil.
- Rabbit pieces rubbed with salt, pepper, garlic, let stand for a couple of hours.
- Tomatoes, mushrooms, cups of carrots are placed on a baking sheet, sprinkled with herbs and garlic.
- The meat is placed on top, poured on the plate with wine and butter, sent to a preheated oven at 190 degrees.
- An hour later, a rabbit cooked in the oven will be ready.
The recipe for the next dish for those with special respect for the barbecue. From the previous recommendations, you will learn how to cook a rabbit with a similar design, so that meat and vegetables will delight you with a harmony of incomparable flavor.
The secret of success in a sauce cooked with raisins or plums.
- rabbit meat – 750 g
- Potatoes – 1 kg
- Carrots and onions – 2 pcs.
- vegetables and butter – 50 g each
- sour cream – 50 g
- Tomato paste – 30 g
- Raisins or prunes – 50 g
- broth – 1 l
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Salt, pepper, spices, herbs.
- The preparation of the rabbit begins with the pickling in a mixture of salt, pepper and spices.
- In a mixture of oils, roast alternately rabbit, carrots, onions and potatoes.
- Place the meat in a pot, stew with the addition of broth for 40 minutes.
- Spread the vegetables on top.
- Mix the sour cream with the pasta, raisins, garlic and broth, pour the mixture into the cauldron.
- Bake the dish under a lid at 190 degrees 45 minutes.
Understanding how to cook a rabbit in a slow cooker will help with the following recipe. In this case, the meat is complemented with mushrooms, carrots and sour cream.
However, you can make a set of components that accompany the rabbits according to your preferences, replacing the mushrooms with potatoes, zucchini or other vegetables.
- rabbit meat – 0.5 kg
- mushrooms – 250 g
- Carrots – 2 pieces
- sour cream – 250 g
- oil – 100 g
- Salt, condiments, greens.
- In the “Fry” mode, the pieces of rabbit meat are browned in butter.
- Add the carrot cups, and then the mushrooms, fry for 10 minutes.
- Add the seasoned sour cream, transfer the device to “off”.
- After 50 minutes, the tasty rabbit will be ready.
Rabbit stew at home is usually cooked when a large amount of meat needs to be processed. The dishes of fresh products are always tastier, however, when you need to save time or quickly discover a nutritious and tasty meal, the preparation will be very appropriate.
The amount of salt and spices is indicated in a half-liter bottle.
- Rabbit meat
- salt – 1 teaspoon with a hill
- Pepper and laurel grains – 2 pcs.
- The pieces of meat are soaked in water for 6 to 12 hours and placed in jars with salt and spices.
- Pour water into the jars and put in the oven for an hour over low heat at 180 degrees, occasionally adding boiling water.
- Reduce the heat to 130 degrees and hold the workpiece for another 4 hours.
- Banks sealed and cleaned under the “fur coat”.