A lot has been written about aubergines, and it is a very useful product, it is impossible to count the useful things they contain that have a very low caloric content and, in fact, one of the most useful vegetables at the potato level. But even in the Middle Ages, Europeans were poisoned by them, unable to store and cook properly.
But, I think most will agree with me, we do not think about all of the above when we are going to prepare them. We love their dishes and that’s why we cook.
So go ahead!
Step by step recipe for eggplant stuffed with new potatoes and mushrooms
- Butter – 1 tablespoon.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
- Parsley – 1 tablespoon.
- Salt, pepper to taste.
- Wash the aubergines, cut them in half, make cross-shaped cuts in the pulp of each half.
- Place the baking paper on a baking sheet, brush with vegetable oil,
- Place the aubergine halves with the pulp down and the garlic halves cut down.
- Put 3 leaves of basil on a baking sheet and sprinkle with a pinch of thyme.
- Cover with aluminum foil, with the bright side down and put it in the oven, heated at 180 °, for 35-40 minutes.
- Wash the zucchini, cut the ends, cut them in half and cut them into thin slices. Place the zucchini slices in a deep bowl and pour very salty cold boiling water for 20 seconds, drain the water,
- The tomatoes are cut in half, the inedible stem is removed and cut into thin slices.
- Remove from the pan, place on a plate, let cool a little, remove the pulp from the eggplant with a spoon, without damaging the skin.
- Set aside the skin and the eggplant pulp, separately.
- Chop the aubergine and the garlic pulp with a knife.
- Adding 4 leaves of basil. Dough moderately salt and pepper.
- Fill the aubergine skins prepared with minced meat.
- Put slices of zucchini and tomato on top of the pulp, a little salt and pepper
- Place the greased paper on a baking sheet, put it in an oven heated at 200 ° for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Wash the new potatoes well, cut them in half and cook for 8 minutes.
- Peel the mushrooms, wash, dry, cut into 4 pieces and fry in a pan, in vegetable oil,
- With the potatoes drain the water, cool a little and peel. (in the amateur, you can not clean, if the potatoes are very young)
- Melt the butter in a pan, cut 1 clove of garlic, put the garlic and a handful of parsley in the pan for 30-40 seconds.
- The parsley and garlic removed from the pan, put the potatoes, salt and fry until golden brown. At the end add the mushrooms, mix, heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Stuffed aubergines, after 5 minutes, remove from the oven, put on a plate.
Place the potatoes and mushrooms in the serving dishes, add the halves of the stuffed eggplant, sprinkle with the chopped parsley.