Salads with squid have become particularly popular, I would even call it a peculiar fashion for seafood. And this fashion is very useful.
First, the value of the squid lies in the high content of beneficial proteins and, second, the low calorie content allows you to use this product without restrictions. Iron, iodine, selenium, copper, omega-saturated fatty acids and many different vitamins can be found in squid. And the cost of the squid is quite affordable.
Well, for the holidays we can definitely afford several dishes with these exotic marine creatures. By the way, squids are perfectly combined with fresh and baked vegetables, rice, vegetables, eggs and many other products.
Today we will consider only 8 simple and tasty recipes of the whole variety of salads with squid. And to cook soft squid for salads, you should know some simple rules that I will present at the end of the article.
- Simple salad with squid and egg – a delicious recipe
- Salad Recipe With Squids, Tomatoes And Cheese
- Simple and delicious calamari salad with cucumber without mayonnaise.
- Delicious recipe of squid salad with cucumber, egg and rice.
- Salad with pickled squid and pickles “Simply simple”
- Salad of squid and mushrooms.
- Awesome salad with squid and beans – a recipe from Jamie Oliver
- Salad with squid and carrots in Korean without mayonnaise
- How to clean and cook the squid for the salad so that they are soft.
Simple salad with squid and egg – a delicious recipe
One of the easiest recipes for salads with squid, but still, very tasty. It is prepared for one – two, very convenient if you are waiting for guests.
We will need
- squid – 2 pieces
- Chicken eggs – 4 pcs.
- onions – 1 piece
- fresh dill and parsley
- salt pepper
- Squids and eggs are pre-boiled and cooled.
2. The onions are cut into small pieces and blanched with hot water to leave the bitterness.
3. Squid cut into thin strips.
4. Cut the eggs into cubes. Do not regret the eggs of this salad, then the salad will be more tender.
5. From fresh herbs you can use dill and parsley. Finely chop the greens.
6. In a salad bowl, mix all the ingredients, salt and pepper. Fill with mayonnaise to taste.
Squid salad served cold, so after cooking, put it in the fridge before the guests arrive.
This salad is also easy to prepare, but we will add tomatoes and cheese to the squid salad.
- squid – 3 pieces
- Chicken eggs – 3 pcs.
- 2 tomatoes – 3 pieces
- Green onions – 100 gr.
- Hard cheese – 100 gr.
- fresh dill
- salt pepper
- Pre-cooked squid. In boiling water, add salt, a little dill and black peas. Dip the squid in the water and cook for exactly 2 minutes, then cool the squid.
2. Remove the meat from the tomatoes and cut them into cubes. We put in a salad bowl.
3. Eggs are also pre-prepared and, once they have cooled, cut into halves. Eggs, too, put in a salad bowl.
4. Cut the green onion and the dill.
5. Grate the cheese on a coarse grater.
6. The squids have cooled down at this time, cut them into thin strips and add them to the salad.
7. Salad with salt, pepper and mayonnaise.
As you can see, this salad is cooked very easily and quickly.
Simple and delicious calamari salad with cucumber without mayonnaise.
This salad can be attributed to Chinese cuisine. We cook it without mayonnaise, and of the ingredients we only use squid and cucumbers.
- squid – 2 pieces
- Fresh cucumber – 1-2 pieces
- Soy sauce – 7 tablespoons. l
- vegetable oil – 5 tablespoons. l
- Rice vinegar (can replace the usual table) – 2 tablespoons. l
- sugar – 1 tbsp. l
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Sesame – 1 tbsp l
- Calamari bathed in hot water, cleaned of movies. Place them in boiling water and cook for exactly 2 minutes. The squids pour cold water and cut into beautiful thin straws.
2. Fresh cucumber also cut into thin strips.
3. Chop the garlic into small cubes, we will use it to garnish salads.
4. Fry the sesame seeds in a dry pan until golden brown. Sprinkle with sesame salad.
5. Combine the soy sauce, vegetable oil, vinegar and sugar in a bowl. Add the chopped garlic.
Pour the salad with this dressing and let stand for 10 minutes.
If you’re not a fan of spicy dishes, then do not add vinegar to salad dressing.
Delicious recipe of squid salad with cucumber, egg and rice.
Squids are perfectly combined with cucumber and egg. That’s why there are many varied salads with these ingredients.
Pay attention to the delicious salad with rice.
Salad with squid and pickled cucumber “Easier than simple”
A simple and tasty salad with squid can be prepared by adding pickles and cheese. Such a salad is very simple in preparation, now make sure of it.
- squid – 5 pieces (about 300 gr.)
- Hard cheese – 150 gr.
- Pickled cucumber – 2 pieces
- Squid clean and boiled in salt water. Fresh squid cut into thin strips.
2. Rub the cheese on a large grater and add it to the squid.
3. Salted or pickled cucumbers cut into cubes or circles, as you wish.
4. Salad with mayonnaise, stir and let stand for 15 minutes in the fridge.
I recommend not adding salt to the salad because of pickles and mayonnaise.
5. We change the salad into a beautiful salad bowl and decorate if desired.
The squid with mushrooms combine perfectly. You can cook such salads for dinner and for a vacation.
And the mushrooms can be used both in the forest and in mushrooms.
- Frozen squids (can be refrigerated) – 150 gr.
- Mushrooms – 150 gr.
- onions – 1 piece
- Quail eggs – 10 pcs.
- salt pepper
- vegetable oil
- Thawed squid: pour with boiling water and keep for a few minutes. Of course, you can use fresh squid. In hot water, squids are easily cleaned from the movies. Cook the squid exactly 2 minutes in salted water. Pour with cold water and cut into strips.
2. Onion cut in halves.
3. Mushrooms clean and cut into plates.
4. Fry the onions and mushrooms in vegetable oil.
5. Boil the quail eggs until they are ready, pour in cold water, clean and cut them in half.
6. Mix all the ingredients, add salt and pepper. Fill with mayonnaise.
7. When serving sprinkle with finely chopped dill.
Awesome salad with squid and beans – a recipe from Jamie Oliver
Jamie Oliver just adored me. Artistically it is prepared for the preparation of any dish. And all its recipes are simple and at the same time original.
This salad with squid and beans is very simple and tasty.
Salad with squid and carrots in Korean without mayonnaise
Squids, as we see, are combined with many different products. The interesting “friendship” is obtained from the squid with Korean carrots.
A very fresh squid perfectly complements the spicy carrot.
- Squid – 500 gr.
- Korean carrot – 250 gr.
- Garlic – 3 teeth
- ground black pepper – 1 tsp.
- Seasoning for Korean carrots – 1 teaspoon.
- Vinegar 9% – 2 teaspoons.
- vegetable oil – 5 tablespoons. l
- The squid clean and boil for 1-2 minutes in salt water.
Squids can not digest in any case – they will become hard. Watch time carefully.
After boiling the squid, place them immediately in a bowl of cold water. Chilled squid cut into strips.
2. Pour vegetable oil into skillet, add ground pepper and seasonings for Korean carrots. Everything is well heated and add the carrots finished in Korean.
3. The squids and carrots still hot are mixed and vinegar is poured on top. Cover the salad with a lid or film and send it to the refrigerator for 1 – 1.5 hours.
4. After the salad has cooled, add the garlic that is passed through the press. Mix and you can serve a delicious salad on the table.
As you can see, salads with squid are prepared in a simple way. Although I must confess that I had not cooked them before, it seemed to me that squid processing was difficult. What was my surprise when I bought and cleaned them for the first time?
It turns out that everything is very simple. But some subtleties still need to know.
How to cook the squid for salad, so they were soft.
Squids are useful because they are 20% protein. But it is precisely this quality that implies certain characteristics of its preparation.
The fact is that during prolonged cooking, the protein collapses, which makes squids hard as rubber and not suitable for consumption. Therefore, to cook soft squid for a salad, you must comply with the following rules:
- Choose when buying a white casing, pay attention to the freshness of the smell. The channels should not stay together.
- Clean the squids before cooking them as carefully as possible so that no films remain. Otherwise, hard lumps may form on the surface of the channels.
- The easiest way to clean the squid from the films: pour the casing with hot water and let it act for a few minutes. The movie then easily falls behind.
4. Inside the squid fillet, be sure to remove the chitin cartilage chord. It simply separates from the housing and removes all solid particles with your hands.
5. After cleaning the squid, boil them in salted water. At the same time, after boiling, cook for no more than 2 minutes, even better for 1.5 minutes.
In this case, do not move away from the tray, but strictly follow the time.
6. At the end of time, the squid is removed immediately from the pan and placed in a colander.
7. For 1 kg of fresh squid, you will need 2 liters of water and 2 tablespoons. l salt.
8. For more flavor when cooking, add 2 tablespoons to the pot. l Sugar, bay leaf, black pepper and 1 tablespoon. l vinegar
9. Another reliable way to cook soft squid for salads is to pour boiling water over them two or three times. This method is considered more reliable, since there is no danger of digesting squid.
This filling is enough to cook calamari for consumption.
10. If you miss a moment, digest the squid for more than 2 minutes and they will harden, do not despair, you can save them. In volume, they decrease considerably, but after 30 minutes of boiling they will become soft again.
I hope I have convinced you that cooking squid salads is easy and simple. And since these seafoods also benefit our bodies, make sure you take these recipes for yourself and share them with your friends.