Diabetes mellitus is characterized by a deterioration of blood glucose. To maintain the normal functioning of people dependent on insulin, a very specific diet was developed.
The menu for a diabetic has limitations not only in quality but also in the quantity of products.
We discovered the general concepts of diabetes.
- Diabetic food intake is calculated based on units of bread. This is the carbohydrate mass, which is contained in 25-30 g of black bread. A patient with diabetes can not consume more than 25 parts per day.
- An endocrinologist will help you learn how to create a menu for beginners with respect to bread units for diabetes. The specialist will give you more detailed recommendations based on the testimony of a general blood test and measurements using a blood glucose meter. This device determines the amount of sugar in the body.
- With sugar in a child from 0 to 3 years, the number of bread units should not exceed 10. Consequently, the growth of children increases gradually, and in adolescence, girls with diabetes should consume fewer carbohydrates than children . For example, from 15 to 18 years of age, a girl can eat 18 to 20 bread units and a child from 19 to 21 years old.
- Sweet foods can be a diabetic patient if they are of natural origin.
A proper diet does not include the use of honey in large quantities.
- In the post it is recommended to use legumes to replace calcium due to the abandonment of animal protein. The possibility of exclusion from the menu of dairy products and eggs should be discussed exclusively with a specialist.
About diabetes type 1 and 2
Under the condition of type 1 diabetes, the insulin-dependent menu is not subject to strict control. Vital to the patient is the artificial introduction of insulin.
The diet in this case is an auxiliary step on the road to recovery.
The development of type 2 diabetes depends completely on the food consumed. Foods that contain artificial sugar and cholesterol sugar are absolutely contraindicated.
Vegetables, cereals, some fruits, legumes, fish, low-fat dairy products come to replace it.
Each meal has strict restrictions regarding the volume of dishes:
- Side dishes: no more than 250 g.
- Products of animal origin: not more than 70 g.
- Stewed vegetables: no more than 150 g.
- Bread: not more than 50 g.
Observing the restrictions required in the menu in the initial stage will avoid many of the undesirable effects of diabetes.
How to eat with diabetes?
To make a complete diet, diabetics should have certain ideas about the composition of all products. With the right approach, you can get the opportunity to eat not only healthy foods, but also delicious ones.