For each woman, the concept of the norm with respect to menstruation is individual, but in gynecology there are general rules: the maximum period of menstruation is seven days and the discharge should not exceed 80 ml per day.
If this is not the case, then you should take care of your health, visit a doctor who will select the appropriate styptic.
The specialist will determine exactly if you have heavy menstrual bleeding or more dangerous uterine bleeding. The excretions in these conditions are different.
So with uterine bleeding:
- Scarlet of blood (during menstruation – dark brown)
- The insulation goes in big drops or drip.
- The discharge volume of more than 80 ml per day and the need to change the joint occur much more frequently.
- There is a violation of the schedule.
Causes of heavy bleeding and the effects of drugs.
The cause of heavy periods can be:
- Hormone imbalance
- Infections, diseases of the nervous system, pathology of the uterus.
- Inflammatory processes in the endometrium and myometrium.
- Fibromiomas, fibroids, etc.
Non-menstrual uterine bleeding, whose treatment requires a mandatory determination of the cause of its appearance, indicates hormonal disorders of the body (climax), uterine trauma, appearance of tumors, etc. They also appear after the curettage, during surgery.
Once the cause is established, the specialist prescribes medications to stop the bleeding, which are available in the form of tablets (capsules), injections, herbal tinctures.. Such agents increase the coagulation of the blood and contract the blood vessels.
The tablets are used for first aid for heavy discharges, and are included in the subsequent treatment scheme. Each medication is prescribed based on individual indications.
The most popular tools are:
Synthetic analog of the vitamin. K – Vikasol. The medication increases blood clotting, filling the deficiency of this vitamin in the body. If the cause of the blood loss is different, the use of Vikasola is not recommended. When taking it, side effects may appear: rash, itching, bronchospasm, etc., and the daily dose of the medicine: 2 tablets.
- Dicynon – effective hemostatic preparation, prescribed not only for heavy menstrual periods, but also to stop capillary and parenchymal bleeding. Dicynon is taken under the supervision of a doctor, the daily rate is no more than three tablets.. It is a strong first aid medication, but it has several side effects:
- allergic reactions
- redness of the face
Tranexam– a new generation medication used to quickly stop uterine bleeding. It has a broad spectrum of action, providing anti-allergic, anti-tumor and anti-inflammatory effects. But also Truksekam gives a series of unpleasant side effects: diarrhea, nausea, loss of appetite, tachycardia.
- Etamzilat – Medicine of broad pharmacological action. This drug
- Regulates blood clotting and platelet gluing.
- Increases the stability of capillaries, their elasticity.
- effectively stops bleeding
- It acts gently on the body, normalizing the relevant processes.
- When taken, it does not cause serious discomfort.
- However, this remedy is incompatible with other drugs.
Askorutin– A medicine that contains rutin and ascorbic acid. This powder contributes to the strengthening of the blood vessels, reducing the period of menstruation and the normalization of menstruation. It is used in the case of abundant systemic secretions as a prophylactic drug. Drink it three times a day, 1 tablet for two weeks.
- If there is no need to take urgent measures to eliminate serious uterine bleeding, gynecologists recommend a hormonal contraceptive. Regulon – A medicine based on progestogen and estrogen. You are prescribed for hospital treatment only after an exhaustive study of the patient’s disease history, and the result of the effect of the medication is already visible after a few days.
Dicine or Tranexam: what is best for you?
Ditsinon is the best tool for uterine bleeding, but it is not as effective as Tranexam, which is often indispensable for first aid. However, the side effects caused by taking the second are more pronounced..
What is right for you and how this or that medicine will be shown depends on the characteristics of the body and the associated diseases. Both drugs, Ditsinon and Tranexan, are available not only in tablet form, but also in injections.
Oral medication is effective, but they begin to act on average one hour later. To achieve faster results, the doctor can assign injections, the result of which is visible after 10-15 minutes.
They are prescribed for severe uterine bleeding and among such medications are the most popular:
- Oxytocin – It is used to reduce the uterus, which stops blood loss. It is prescribed in the postpartum period, with menopause, myoma, after scraping. Introduced intravenously and intramuscularly.
- Stopping bleeding quickly will help Trinixan – A modern drug of a new generation. This injection is prescribed if it is difficult to establish the cause of the bleeding.
Aminocaproic acid– Synthetic medical preparation, used mainly in hospitals to stop uterine bleeding. It stops the formation of antibodies, improves liver function, but care must be taken to treat patients with a history of heart disease.
Calcium chloride or gluconate is required in complex therapy, since this element is involved in all processes associated with the circulatory system.
Hemostatic force of herbs.
The effectiveness of modern medicines is difficult to deny, but we must not forget the positive effects of natural products that act gently, almost cause no side effects, and its main advantage is hypoallergenic. Herbs increase the rate of blood clotting, contract the blood vessels, but must be taken in advance, before the cycle begins.
Among these tools are the most popular:
- Water pepper The tinctures of this plant are sold in pharmacies, and you should take them three times a day for 30 ml, the beginning of reception, before menstruation, the end, immediately after. The tool strengthens blood vessels, helps blood clotting, acts smoothly, no side effects are observed when used correctly. However, in case of overdose, headaches, dizziness, vomiting, nausea may occur. These drops should not be taken if you have:
- – individual intolerance
- – Inflammation of the kidneys, nephritis.
- – Inflammation of the genitourinary system.
Shepherd’s purse– The most effective herb that stops the abundant menstrual flow. Gently activate the processes that reduce the uterus, so it is sufficient to drink 1 tablespoon of broth (per 200 ml of water 10 g of grass) three times a day.
- The nettle Not only regulates the discharge, but is also responsible for blood circulation functions. The dry or fresh grass is poured with a glass of boiling water, kept on fire for no more than 10 minutes, then filtered and drunk in a chilled form, as a tincture or as tea, diluted with honey and water (1: 3).
Each body is individual, and if you do not help the most common means, you can try others.
Excellent response received:
- Infusion of viburnum (Add sugar to the berries and place them in a cool place.The extracted juice (with berries) can be added to the tea: 2 tablespoons per 250 ml of boiling water)
Raspberry and Mint Tea(1 tablespoon of dry mix in a glass of water twice a day, you can take leaves, vines, berries from a bush)
- Corn silk Pour boiling water, boil a few minutes, insist half an hour and drink during the day. Daily intake – 200 ml.