Thrombocytosis is a disease in which the number of platelets in a person’s blood is higher than normal. Because of this, the blood becomes thicker, which leads to blockage of blood vessels and the formation of blood clots.
Thrombocytosis can not be considered an increase in these elements: the disease is only the one that exceeds the norm several times.
Daily fluctuations of platelets in the blood due to physical activity and the entry of fluids into the body. Platelets are an important component of human blood.
They perform the following functions:
- A primary blood clot forms that stops the bleeding.
- Activates blood coagulation.
- Reduces the activity of viruses.
- It synthesizes serotonin and histamine.
- Accelerates the healing and regeneration of damaged tissue.
Platelet rate by age in men and women.
Any distinctive symptom with a high level of platelets occurs only if a person is diagnosed with primary thrombocytosis. In all other cases, a deviation of this type for a long time can go unnoticed can only be determined by the results of blood tests.
Be sure to visit your doctor if you are following the signs:
Bluish skin, swelling.
- Persistent bleeding of different nature.
- Visual disability
- Lethargy weakness
- Bleeding under the skin
- Constant pain at the tips of the fingers.
- Persistent and itching persistence.
It is difficult to determine what influenced the increase of platelets in the blood. To determine the causes of a woman or man, a doctor must evaluate the results of a complete body examination.
You also need to assess your current status and the presence of chronic diseases due to platelets that can rise.
Type of blood clot
To cause an increase in the level of these elements in the blood can:
- Circulatory diseases
- Exacerbations of chronic ailments.
- Inflammatory processes in the body.
- Presence of virus infection in the blood.
- The consequences of surgical interventions.
- Taking certain medications
- The effect of cold, flu.
What does the platelet elevation indicate?
The main reasons why platelets can rise are shown in the table.
The complete blood count is the most accurate way to detect elevated platelets in an adult or child. However, the diagnoses are not limited to this study, if the platelets are elevated, other research methods are used.
To make the correct diagnosis as accurately as possible, if the platelets are elevated, doctors send their patients to the following tests:
- General blood test: also determines how quickly the increase occurs
- Triple blood platelet count at 4-day intervals
- Bone marrow biopsy
- Determination of ferritin and serum iron level.
- Ultrasound of the pelvic and abdominal organs.
- C-reactive protein assay
- Consultations with a gynecologist or urologist.
How to reduce platelets?
Before starting treatment, when the platelets are elevated, the patient must necessarily reconsider his lifestyle. Minimize the amount of stress and emotional turmoil in your life.
It is also necessary to give up bad habits, because platelets can be produced.
Try to live a measured and calm lifestyle. Avoid intense and hard workouts where there is a high risk of injury.
To reduce elevated platelet levels in the blood, you should:
- Abandon rose hips, mango, nuts, pomegranates and rose hips.
Increase the amount of lemon, green tea, beet, tomatoes in the diet. Try adding the garlic and onion to all the dishes.
- Every morning, start with a tablespoon of fish oil.
- Choose compote or juice to drink
- Eat as many foods with ascorbic, citric or malic acid.
- Regularly take drugs with magnesium.
- Do not forget to drink at least 2.5 liters of pure water every day.
- Observe the correct way of the day and rest.
The treatment of elevated platelets requires a responsible approach by the doctor. It is impossible to say exactly why women experience this disease less often.
The therapy, if the platelets are elevated, includes the following activities:
- Interferon medication
- Take anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents to decrease blood clotting
- Acceptance of anagrelide: a remedy that reduces the high level of Bitszocero plates
- Acceptance of hydroxyurea medications.
- The performance of thrombocytophoreresis is a procedure that eliminates the excess platelet count.
Secondary thrombocytosis requires a more complex treatment. HTo save the men and women whose blood has increased these blood cells, it is necessary to undergo a thorough examination.
It will only help to identify the exact cause of such deviation.
Direct influence on the cause of the disease will help cope with thrombocytosis quickly and effectively. Just say what it means and what the results of drug therapy will be, only a doctor can.
Thrombocytosis is a serious disease that requires immediate medical treatment. If the course of this disease is ignored for a long time, serious complications can occur. It is strongly recommended to find out what the other blood counts are talking about, which are not correct.
A complex violation can indicate more serious problems.
What are platelets?
Among the most dangerous are:
- The risks of blood clots in the blood vessels and veins increase. Such formations obstruct the bloodstream
- The separation of a blood clot: this education can reach the artery. Because of this, there is inflammation, swelling at the site of the damage.
- Stroke: rupture of a vessel where a cerebral hemorrhage occurs
- Myocardial infarction: a violation of the contraction of the heart muscle
- Pulmonary vascular thromboembolism: the penetration of a detached vessel into the lung tissue.
- Death: in 90% of cases, advanced thrombocytosis is immediately fatal.
Video – Thrombocytopenia: what to do