Heart failure: the inability of the heart to maintain normal blood flow, necessary for full body activity.
This condition can occur due to natural charges or under the influence of other causes. If symptoms of heart failure in women occur at rest, you should seek medical help immediately.
If you ignore this condition, there are serious complications.
Among the predisposing factors for this disease in women are:
- High blood pressure
- Metabolic disorder
- Endocrine diseases
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Renal or hepatic insufficiency
- Heart attack or ischemia of the heart muscle.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol
For a more effective treatment, doctors distinguish two separate forms of heart failure.
Among them are:
- Acute heart failure – It develops rapidly, manifests in the form of cardiac asthma, cardiogenic shock, pulmonary edema. To cause such a condition, the walls of the left ventricle, myocardial infarction, and valvular insufficiency can be ruptured.
- Chronic heart failure – It develops over time and is not manifested for a long time by any sign. Characterized by the gradual identification of heart violations.
Heart failure in women.
Heart failure is one of the most common complications of diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Your course can be divided into 4 separate classes:
- The first – A person has difficulty breathing when he gets up, however, with physical activity, this effect does not occur.
- The second – Breathing difficulty can occur even with fast walking. A person’s activity decreases, with the symptoms of physical exertion of heart failure.
- Third – Discomfort occurs even with small loads and when walking, at rest, there are no signs of failure.
- The fourth – The symptoms of heart failure occur even in a state of rest, any activity causes serious disorders.
In most cases, the cause of acute heart failure in women is tissue damage.
Because of this, the functionality of the heart is disturbed.
No less often the deviation occurs in the background:
- Myocarditis and cardiomyopathy
- Arrhythmias and cardiac tamponade.
- Myocardial infarction and heart disease.
- Diabetes mellitus and blockage of the pulmonary artery.
- Herb brain
- Infective process.
The symptoms of heart failure in women appear due to pregnancy, menopause and hormonal changes.
The chronic form of this disease is of the following nature:
- Endocrine problems
- Pericardial diseases, cardiomyopathy
- Diseases of the heart and ischemia
- High blood pressure
- Eating disorder, failure of the day and rest.
- Cardiac arrest and arrhythmia.
In men, chronic heart failure is usually caused by cardiac ischemia, which indicates abnormalities in the work of the coronary arteries.
To cause such violation you can be overweight, drink alcohol, smoke. Women face this disease much more frequently.
It is believed that chronic heart failure occurs more frequently in the elderly. It poses the greatest danger during menopause.
Heart failure is a disease that most often causes death in young women. It can also cause premature loss of performance.
To avoid this, if you experience any symptoms of an abnormality, you should immediately contact your doctor or call a medical ambulance.
Shortness of breath – from small to choking attacks
First aid in acute heart failure will depend on the speed and total capacity of the body to recover from an attack.
When the first signs of heart failure appear, the following actions should be initiated immediately:
- Plant the patient in a comfortable position, give him fresh air.
The main objective of such activities is to reduce the load on the heart muscle and establish blood circulation throughout the body.
Call an ambulance
An acute form of heart failure requires the immediate assistance of qualified physicians. The patient is immediately given intravenous diuretic drugs and cardiac glycosides.
In addition, to avoid lack of oxygen, a nasal mask or catheter is installed.
After stopping the attack, specialists inject antihypertensive medications. Subsequently, the patient must control the level of sugar and cholesterol in the blood.
Chronic heart failure involves taking the following medications:
- ACE inhibitors: help reduce the risk of an attack in the future
- Diuretics: normalize the work of the ventricles of the heart and relieve inflammation.
- Adrenergic blockers: reduce the negative impact of myocardial ischemia and other damage to the heart muscle
- Cardiac glycosides: relieving atrial fibrillation
- Antiplatelet agents and anticoagulants reduce the risk of blood clots in blood vessels.
To reduce the risk of heart failure will only help to fully comply with all the recommendations of the treating physician.
To do this, you must follow the following rules:
- Check your diet completely, it must be balanced and correct. Avoid harmful products, monitor your calorie intake.
Adjusting lifestyle will help to work the heart and protect it from any negative influence.
Make moderate loads: it will positively affect the work of the whole organism. Every night, walk in the park for a few hours.
Nutrition for heart failure
They must comply with the following principles:
- Diet: you should eat 5-6 times a day in small portions to reduce the load on the heart.
- The diet should be alkaline foods – cucumbers, milk, pears, apples
To adjust the work of the heart, the patient must completely review their eating habits.
Increase the number of cereals.