Uterine bleeding manifests as a discharge of blood from the vagina, which can occur due to serious illness in women. The essence of the treatment consists in the determination of the diagnosis, in the correct and fast therapy.
After all, such a disease leads to complex consequences and even death.
What is uterine bleeding?
Uterine hemorrhage: the release of blood from the uterus, differs from the critical days when the amount and duration of the discharge change.
Rates of blood loss during menstruation
Menstruation is a physiological process that, on average, begins at age 11 and ends at age 55. It lasts 3-7 days and occurs every 28-35 days.
During a menstrual cycle, a secret girl weighs 50 to 80 ml of blood.
Regular critical days end during and after childbirth. They may also be absent during breastfeeding.
Types and causes of blood secretion from the vagina.
In addition, the vagina may bleed during certain periods of a woman’s life:
- Youth – stage of sexual formation
- Reproductive – Fertile age
- Climacteric – During menopause.
Due to the nature of the blood discharge they are divided into:
The main symptoms of hemorrhage.
- Go monthly for more than 8 days.
Lower abdominal pain
- Loss of menstrual blood greater than 120 ml.
- Pale skin
- Nausea, vomiting
- Fast pulse
- Low pressure
The main signs of vaginal blood loss are:
- The dysfunctional hemorrhage is painless.
- After delivery until 2 months.
- Prolonged discharge after abortion
- Loss of blood on the background of hormonal contraception.
- With polyps in the uterus.
- Myoma inside the vagina
- Intrauterine pregnancy
- Bloody discharge associated with oncology.
How dangerous is bleeding from the uterus?
If the uterine bleeding does not end for a long time, then it is difficult to stop it, so this pathology is very dangerous for the health of the woman and has the following consequences:
- Anemia may develop (if the volume of blood that came out is more than 80 ml)
- The great loss of blood due to hemorrhage, which is difficult to establish, often requires surgical intervention.
- The danger of the development of the main disease, which was the cause of the hemorrhage.
- The risk of hemorrhage in pregnant women or after delivery.
Signs of uterine bleeding in the reproductive period.
In the maternity period, there are many factors that can cause pathology.
This is due to:
- Disorders of hormone production after abortion.
- Under stress
- In the presence of infectious diseases.
- When taking medication
While carrying a baby, and especially in the early stages, the uterus may bleed due to a miscarriage. In the later stages, the uterus may be bleeding due to placenta previa.
It is especially dangerous when bleeding during and after delivery, then the volume of blood loss can be very large.
In addition, the cause of the blood discharge can be such diseases:
- Uterus endometriosis
- Tumors in the cervix
- Chronic inflammation of the cervix.
Bleeding in an ectopic pregnancy.
The symptoms in ectopic pregnancy are exactly the same as in normal maternity:
- Lack of menstruation
- Enlarged uterus
- Poured chest
- Change of taste preferences.
Causes of bleeding during pregnancy
Hemorrhage in ectopic pregnancy is a common phenomenon, it occurs because pregnancy can be an important factor in the rupture of the tube or abortion. The intensity of the discharge does not always depend on the mechanism of interruption of pregnancy, although ruptures of the tubes are accompanied by a greater loss of blood than with a medical interruption of pregnancy.
Intrauterine hemorrhages in menopause in women
When menopause in women, hormonal changes occur in the body, so the vagina often bleeds. Great care must be taken to discharge the period when menstruation was stopped.
It is important to immediately consult a doctor at the first signs, as the treatment of tumors in the early stages is more successful.
Causes of uterine bleeding with menopause:
- Abundant blood flow
- Downloads with clots
- Bleeding that occurs between critical days.
- Duration of the download is longer than usual.
Why vaginal bleeding occurs in the nerves?
About dysfunctional uterine blood loss say when there is no reason for the appearance of the blood discharge. They can be due to strong experiences, psychological and emotional stress and on the basis of nerves.
The treatment methods will be similar, perhaps the doctor will prescribe a sedative medication to relieve stress.
At the first suspicion of the development of the disease, it is important to immediately consult a doctor.
To determine the source of the pathology, perform the following measures:
- Gynecologist consultation
- Blood tests
- Ultrasound of the uterus.
- Cervical biopsy.
Accurate diagnosis is fundamental to the healing process.
How to stop the bleeding of the vagina?
To stop, you must diagnose the main factor in the appearance of blood loss, then the experts choose a way to stop it. The hemostatic agents are the most used, with a great loss of blood that is poured.
Also another way to stop (with miscarriage, abortion or delivery) is the curettage of the uterus, if the bleeding has not stopped, doctors resort to surgical interventions.
You can stop the excretion of blood at home by following these rules:
- Cold in the abdomen
- Abundant drink
- It means that it restores the blood.
It is important after these measures to seek the advice of a specialist.
Principles of hospital therapy:
- Acceptance of hemostatic drugs.
- Oxytocin Hormones
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Scraped off
- Endometrial cryodestruction
- Extraction of the uterus.
Treatment of uterine bleeding.
The main task of such therapy is to stop bleeding, eliminate the source of the disease and prevent treatment. The therapy is carried out in the hospital, first, the specialists perform diagnostics to find out what caused the pathology.
The methods of treatment depend directly on the source of the disease, the age and the severity of the patient’s condition.
Use the following medications:
- Hemostatic preparations
- Funds that reduce the uterus.
- With low levels of hemoglobin – medicines that contain iron.
- Vitamins and medications that strengthen blood vessels.
After the discharge stops, prophylaxis is performed.
For hemostatic media for bleeding from the vagina include:
- Calcium preparations
- Aminocaproic acid.
In addition to these medications, the patient may also prescribe medications that reduce the uterus:
Video: dysfunctional uterine hemorrhage.