In anticipation of the touching moment of the relationship with your baby, all women want to know the delivery date in advance. This will provide the opportunity to prepare, to put together an “anxious briefcase” in the maternity hospital and to psychologically attune.
Let’s find out how many weeks ago a cesarean section.
Caesarean section is planned and emergency. The indications for this occur both during pregnancy and during delivery.
The date of the operation will depend not only on you, but also on the hospital where you are going to give birth. In fact, each clinic has its own rules.
One thing is for sure, they do a planned operation in full term pregnancy or as close to this date as possible.
How long is a planned caesarean?
Ideal if you have a planned operation. At the same time, the mother and the baby feel good, their condition is not in danger.
In this situation, you can perform a cesarean section with the onset of contractions.
For a baby, this is very good, since labor will begin only when your baby is ready for delivery and is fully mature for it.
In addition, it will have a positive effect on breastfeeding.
Such a situation is possible, for example, in diseases of the eyes, the bony system, if the size of the mother’s pelvis is smaller than the circumference of the baby’s head, if the mother had previous ruptures in the rectum, There are tumors of the uterus (myoma), vagina and pelvic bones that interfere with natural birth.
In these situations, a scheduled cesarean section can be performed with the start of work activity for a period of 38-41 weeks. But the female doctor will send you to the hospital in advance, in the period of 38 to 39 weeks.
It is necessary to pass exams and perform additional tests, if necessary.
By the way, if you like any number, you can ask the doctor to schedule an operation for that day. Your wishes will be taken into account, if possible.
In what week is the surgery performed?
It depends on the specific obstetric situation.
- When the pelvic presentation of the fetus. You are hospitalized in advance, at 38-39 weeks. After weighing all the pros and cons, make a decision: cesarean section or natural birth. If a cesarean is performed, it is better to wait for the contractions. Of course, if there are no other indications, so as not to delay the operation. The child can roll over the head at the last moment and the need for surgery will disappear. Especially if pregnancy is repeated.
- With the transverse position of the fetus, The cesarean will be performed on the date indicated, before the start of labor. The fact is that when spilling water, small parts of a child can fall: the umbilical cord, the handles.
- Complete previous placenta. The placenta is completely superimposed on the birth canal. Such pregnancy is very difficult to do due to the danger of bleeding. With the onset of contractions, the cervix opens and the bleeding may begin due to a detachment of the placenta. Therefore, these women are operated for 38 weeks. But if bleeding starts, you will have to perform an emergency operation sooner.
- If you have a second cesarean section or a third and a subsequent one, the date of the operation will depend on Condition of the uterine scar. In the third trimester, the fetus is growing rapidly and the scar can not bear the burden. If the scar gets thinner and grows too much, the pain in the lower abdomen will bother you and you will not wait long. They can operate in week 37, especially if the operation is the third or fourth.
- Not many know that multiple pregnancy It is considered complete term in the period of 36-38 weeks. The twins can give birth through the birth canal. But the identical twins, as well as the twin-eyes twins, when the first child lies through the booty or through it, the twins after IVF are born by caesarean section. If there are three or more fruits, only cesarean section. Removing twins is much more difficult and there are more complications during pregnancy. Trying to perform a planned operation closer to 38 weeks. But, if something goes wrong, one of the children stays behind in growth and development, cesarean sections can be done before, at 34-35 weeks, especially if the twins are identical.
- Infected by HIV Women are caesarean sections usually in week 38.
- After surgery on the cervix You are also waiting for a scheduled cesarean, before the start of labor. This is necessary so that the neck is not damaged when contractions begin.
When emergency cesarean section?
The indications for emergency caesarean section can occur at any time, even with a premature pregnancy, that is, before 37 weeks. If delivery begins in the 28-34 week period, or if there are indications of premature delivery, perform a cesarean section.
The child is not mature and giving birth through the birth canal is too difficult for him.
The emergency cesarean is performed up to 37 weeks if:
- Bleeding starts due to the premature detachment of the placenta.
- Hemorrhage with placenta previa.
- When signs of rupture of the uterus appear along the scar. Especially if the scar in the uterus is not one.
- Another reason is fetal hypoxia. The child receives less food and oxygen from the mother. If this condition continues for a long time, the baby may die. To save the child, and have to give birth and breastfeed in the incubator, even if the pregnancy is still small.
- If you have been suffering from swelling, high blood pressure and deficient urine tests since the 22 weeks of gestation, this is gestosis. With increasing duration of pregnancy, it becomes more difficult to treat, the child also suffers from the mother’s edema and atrophy. If the condition of the woman and the fetus deteriorates considerably, perform a cesarean section at any time.
A cesarean can also be done at birth that will start on its own.
- Clinically close pelvis – When the size of the mother’s pelvis and the size of the child’s presentation part do not match and birth is impossible. It only becomes clear at birth.
- Front preview – When the head enters the small pelvis the largest size. His birth through the birth canal becomes impossible.
- Umbilical cord loops After using amniotic fluid.
- Hypoxia The fetus can develop during childbirth. In this case, the delivery must be completed immediately, so that the child does not suffer.
There is also a small caesarean section. It is carried out in the term of pregnancy 13-22 weeks for the purpose of its termination. It is done if the placenta completely blocks the entrance to the uterus.
Or there is placental detachment and bleeding, which requires emergency assistance for the woman.
Fetal passport and passport, shirt, gown, disposable diaper, spoon, cup, personal hygiene products: comb, pads, toothpaste and brush, toilet paper, personal hygiene gel or soap. Baby diapers, powders, diapers, suits.
At the time that the cesarean section would not be performed, the main thing is that it was done according to the indications and preserves the health of the future mother and child.