One of the most important problems in the first months of life with a child is the chair of newborns during breastfeeding.
The content of your baby’s diapers is carefully studied by almost all young mothers. At the same time, if the color or texture changes a little, it causes doubts and panic, and worries about the child’s health.
It is important for moms to know what the newborn chair should be during breastfeeding in order to distinguish between normal and potential health problems.
Normal chair for newborns during breastfeeding.
During the first hours and days, the field of birth of the newborn leaves the original meconium lime. It has a dark olive green color and a thick putty, which resembles the texture, poorly washed diaper and almost does not smell.
Gradually, it changes with a transition chair, which has a liquid consistency, has a sour milk odor, a bright yellow or greenish color, a doughy consistency and leaves a watery stain on the diaper.
During this period, the chair can reach ten times a day, after almost every day feeding.
At this time, although the microbial flora is not yet stable, the stools may be different: from green to bright yellow, heterogeneous, with foam, small lumps and mucus.
This is a normal phenomenon, which does not indicate the health of the crumbs on health problems.
Milk is so well absorbed by the body that virtually no digestible residue remains.
A child can go to the bathroom every two or five days. In this case, the chair will be normal, soft.
The amount of stool and the frequency of stools depend on the individual characteristics of the mother-baby couple.
Modified chair for newborns during lactation.
- Often, the establishment of a chair in children occurs during the first months, while in the diaper you can see a greenish tinge with liquid content. In rare cases, this may be a sign of milk shortage, so it is more frequent and prolonged to keep the baby in your chest, both day and night. Sometimes, a little green can occur when a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables in the mother’s diet, and this is quite normal.
- In addition, the chair can often be vegetated, if in the maternity hospital, the mother or baby was injected with medication (antibiotics) to prevent infection, or other medical procedures were performed if the baby suffered hypoxia during delivery . Then the work of the intestine adjusts a little more. It does not require any preparation for the microflora, and this does not mean any dysbacteriosis, it is quite normal. Complete feeds on demand will match the stool situation quickly.
- Sometimes, in the stool of a baby, white bumps of curdled milk can be noticed, which indicates that the baby eats well and that part of the milk simply does not have time to digest. It is not dangerous, the body simply shows too much. No therapeutic measures are needed.
- If the stools are slimy, scanty and rarely occur, while the baby is not gaining enough weight, it is worth considering if you have enough milk. Such problem can be with rare or non-long feeds, rare nocturnal feeds, lack of enzymes. The first actions should be the most frequent and prolonged feeding, but if the situation is not corrected, you should consult a doctor.
- Foamy stools with clusters can occur when there is an imbalance of the milk in relation to the deficiency of lactase (an enzyme that breaks down the sugar in milk). In this case, the chair will be frequent and fluid, with foam and spray. This happens with frequent feeds and an excess of frontal milk, which accumulates in the breast between feeds.
It is rich in sugar and when digested, the enzyme may be temporarily missing, then the milk with the milk sugar enters the large intestine and is fermented by the microbes to carbon dioxide and water. Prolonged feeding can help in this, and it is frequent, so that the breast does not have time to accumulate portions of the front milk.
If such a chair occurs constantly, you should consult a doctor and exclude the state of lactase deficiency, such as a birth defect. It helps with the introduction when portions of the enzyme lactase are fed from the outside, in the form of medicines.