Congratulations, your little one celebrated the first “round” date! These 12 months were full of joys, experiences and indescribable moments of happiness.
All parents are proud of the crumbs acquired from knowledge and skills.
And yet, every loving mother, after having listened to her friends and grandmothers, begins to ask the following questions: “Do not I lack something in education?”, “Is my child developing correctly?” Let’s find out what children can do.
It is no secret that the development of young children is very fast both physically and intellectually.
According to most parents, a 12-month-old baby is surprisingly inquisitive and active and does not want to sit in one place for long. He wants to explore the surrounding reality, at the same time test the strength of the nerves of the parents.
Then, giving space for experimentation, it is necessary to be patient and follow the steps of each child.
What should a child be able to do in a year?
During this time, the baby tries to walk persistently. And girls dominate this skill before boys.
Then, a baby should be able to:
- Stand firmly without help.
- Move with your support.
- Actively crawling (some children miss this stage, which is not a deviation).
- Walking along the ladder of a children’s slide with additional steps, holding an adult.
- Squat, stand on your legs from any position.
- Take independently up to 10 steps or walk 3-5 meters.
- Climb upholstered furniture (bed, armchair, sofa), lie on the floor.
The crumbs at this age open boxes, move chairs, try to break and check everything. However, they do not surrender, and they learn about the world.
Remember that your child does not understand the dangers that await you.
Then, a child in a year should be able to:
- Build and disassemble a three-part pyramid with wide rings independently or with your help.
- Open and close the lids of the boxes, cans, place small trinkets in them, return (in independent games or in imitation).
- Double the “turrets” of the cubes.
- Perform a variety of actions with dolls, hares and bears: “food”, “comb”, “sleep” (at the request of relatives or independently).
- Push a rolling toy in front of you, roll the balls on a flat surface.
- Be interested in the cabinets: open and close the doors slightly, look at the clothes, open and close the drawers.
- “Monkey”, imitating the actions of parents and partners (blowing in hot porridge, digging in the girl’s sandbox is painted with her mother’s lipstick).
- Take an interest in household appliances: turn the TV off and on, make calls, look carefully at the washing machine.
Emotional and social development.
The sensual sphere of your offspring is also actively developing. He can cry if you deny him something, feel sorry for you if you are upset.
The crumb begins to be interested in peers and interaction with older children.
Then, a child should be able to:
- Show your emotions (he kisses and hugs mom, dad, beloved stuffed hare).
- Enjoy outdoor games with adults, enjoy new toys.
- Find homes and smile happily when they meet.
- To recognize family members in photos, to show mom and dad with their fingers
- Be careful when a stranger appears. Sometimes strangers cause fear and tears.
- I love flipping through books with great glossy illustrations, showing where the puppy and the kitten are.
- Dissatisfied with the strict voice of the parents and their prohibitions. He often uses the entire arsenal, screaming, crying and moaning.
- To admire yourself in the mirror, to show your tongue, to let the mirror light the sun’s rays.
Then, a baby in a year should be able to:
- To speak is not dialect “lepetnom”, to pronounce up to ten words.
- Simulate animal voices (moo, bark, meow).
- Repeat the previously unknown words behind the parents (most of the time, they are impossible to recognize).
- Imitate classmates, saying familiar words behind them.
- To place orders – bring, put, close.
- Understand the words “can”, “can not”. It is true that he does not always obey them.
- Know the names of the relatives (looks to the person designated) and their name.
- Waving the handles in the farewell, playing “ladies”.
Simple everyday skills
Then, children in 1 year should be able to:
- Bite and chew small pieces of bread, soft fruit.
- To quench the thirst of a bottle, drink carafe. Individual babies take sips from cups.
- They try to eat with a spoon, but in most cases they prefer to eat with their hands.
- Pull the handle under the stream of water to wash, clean carefully with a towel.
- At the mother’s request to insert her legs into the shoes, stretch her arms in the sleeves. Many children dislike desperately to get dressed, and moms usually make some effort to go for a walk.
- Start complaining about wet or dirty pants. In a year some children are already asking for a pot.
At this age, the baby wants to be like mom and dad and carefully repeats each act. Observe your own actions so as not to accidentally inculcate a pattern of undesirable behavior in your offspring.
Remember, you are the main teacher, so it shows new ways of interacting with objects: how to build kulichiki, kick the ball, caress the cat.
Do not forget that children are not required to follow generally accepted standards, they are developed according to their own individual schedule.