The third cesarean section today is not uncommon. The operation technology became more perfect every year.
Once a cesarean is performed, a woman is not limited to her desire to have many children.
In the old days, the cesarean was an operation of despair. It was performed only on a dying woman to save a child who still lives.
Over time, to save the life of the woman, they tried to remove the uterus after removing the child. Saved a woman’s life
Unfortunately, they could not have children anymore. Throughout the centuries, the uterus has been sutured.
Since then, the number of births due to surgery has increased dramatically. You can not surprise and re-operate.
Why is the third cesarean section common today?
- Operating technique. Today, the cesarean section is performed through a cross section in the lower segment of the uterus. This incision heals well and quickly. Less bleeding during surgery A lasting scar forms, reducing the risk of uterine rupture during later pregnancy and delivery. It was the use of this cut that allowed the woman to have more than one child after delivery.
- Cutting drugs. The uterus with scar is reduced after the delivery worse and slower. It is full of bleeding and infection. The medicines have come to the aid of the midwives, who help the uterus to contract in such difficult situations.
- The antibiotics It began to be used for the first time during World War II. In the postwar years, it was possible to make the caesarean section safer and save women from puerperal fever. The fact is that after the cesarean section, infectious complications are not uncommon. Previously, because of this, the first cesarean was a deadly risk. Today, with a second operation and even with the third cesarean, there is an opportunity to save the life, health and ability of a woman to have more children.
- Feeding women To completely cure the uterine scar, adequate and balanced nutrition of the woman is necessary. Sufficient consumption of meats, fruits, vegetables.
- Lifestyle A woman in modern society is rarely busy with heavy physical work, eats well, lives in a warm house with all the comforts. This is an important point to maintain your reproductive health and the ability to survive between 3 and up to 4 caesarean sections.
Third pregnancy after a cesarean. Characteristics of the course of pregnancy.
The fact is that there is a scar in the uterus. It is a weak point in which the connective tissue prevails.
The uterus during pregnancy increases in volume 500 times.
The muscle tissue of which it is composed is well adapted to this, but the connective is not very good. Therefore, the risk of uterine rupture along the scar increases during pregnancy. Import
- How much time has passed since the previous operations. Ideally, 1.5-2 years should pass. But no more than 4-5 years. The fact is that during this period muscle tissue dominates in the rumen and is the most appropriate. After 4-5 years, the calcium salts are deposited in the rumen and suffer from sclerosis: the compaction loses its ability to stretch. Up to 2.5 years, the scar is still in the training stage. It is easily torn and thinned during pregnancy.
- A woman had abortions, surgeries and how much time did she spend after them? Abortion violates the formation of the uterine scar.
- How was the postoperative period. If there were complications, infections, it will be difficult to bear the pregnancy.
What to look for during pregnancy?
- Scars To do this, they regularly perform ultrasounds during pregnancy and control not only the growth and development of the child, but also the state of the uterine scar, its viability and its thickness.
- If the placenta sticks to the uterine wall in the area of the scar, then it will not work well enough. This can lead to stunted growth of your child. In addition, during pregnancy, the placenta can attach firmly to the area of the scar in the uterus and not separate after delivery. In this case, the uterus must be removed.
- It is necessary to avoid any physical effort, lifting weights.
- Do not live sexually
- If there is pain in the lower abdomen or bleeding, worries of weakness, dizziness, immediately call an ambulance.
Characteristics during childbirth.
With a scar on the uterus, you can lead a discussion about what to do with the second pregnancy: delivery or surgery. But after the second cesarean delivery through the birth canal is extremely dangerous and is full of uterine rupture.
The third cesarean section and the subsequent one is technically difficult to perform. It has more complications. This is due to:
- With adhesions in the abdominal cavity, which remains after any operation. Adhesions can interfere with the elimination of children. They may require previous dissection. This will lengthen the time of the operation. Adhesion ruptures can cause bleeding and damage to neighboring organs: the intestines, the bladder, the fallopian tubes and the ovaries.
- With insufficient contraction of the uterus. Due to the scars, the uterus will contract worse. And the operation can result in severe bleeding of the uterus, which will require its removal.
The risk of complications is higher if the woman has had abortions, inflammatory diseases of the uterus, has a severe postoperative period after previous operations, if not enough time has passed since the previous operations.
In postpartum, too, they will have to face difficulties and peculiarities.
- First, It will stretch in time. The uterus will shrink worse. Because of the scar.
- Secondly, Healing of the scar will also be worse and slower.
- In third place, It increases the risk of bleeding and joining the infection.
- Quarter, Subjectively, you will feel that your stomach hurts more. This is due to the painful contractions of the uterus, the adhesions that remain in the abdominal cavity, multiple injured tissues and nerves.
- Fifth, To restore the previous belly and remove loose skin will be more difficult. And it will take much more time.
Dear ladies, do not be afraid. Medicine does not stop, and every year they master their abilities to perform repeated operations.
The days are over when, once the operation was done, they did not allow a woman to give birth again. But, the third pregnancy after two caesarean sections, has its own complications.
You must be prepared for the difficulties. And the task of the doctors to help you overcome them.